I'm here

February 24th
Back from the dead

•••••••

Peter jumped harshly when he was pulled from his sleep by someone whispering his name.

He calmed down slightly when he saw it was only his brother, a breathed out quietly. "Gosh Ed." He murmured, rubbing at his eyes. "You okay?"

Edmund just stood there, arms wrapped around his body and shivering, which Peter had yet to notice considering he was still half asleep.

Peter took a deep breath, sitting up. "You okay?" He repeated when he finally noticed how cold his brother was.

Edmund again said nothing, he only gave Peter a look of fear and worry, and immediately Peter knew something was up.

He pulled back his covers and made Edmund climb into his bed, wrapping his up as tightly as he dared in an attempt to warm him up.

It was weird, he thought, it was the middle of summer.

"Ed talk to me." Peter murmured.

Edmund swallowed hard, but he eventually managed to force a sentence out. "I had a dream." He whispered.

Peter hesitated. "About?" He asked cautiously.

Edmund bit his lip. "Her." He replied quietly. "She came back from the dead."

Peter had no idea what had triggered this dream or why Edmund had had it, but he still pulled him close, hugging him tightly. "It was only a dream." He whispered.

Edmund nodded a little. "I couldn't get back to sleep," he explained. "I don't know why, and I don't know why I came here, I'm sorry-"

"Don't you dare apologise for coming to find me." Peter told him firmly. "You know I want you to, so please don't say you're sorry."

Edmund hid his face in the crook of Peter's neck, taking a deep, shaky breath.

"You're safe okay?" Peter told him. "She died, and she's going to stay dead, forever. Okay?"

Edmund eventually nodded a little. "Yeah I know." He admitted. "The dream just felt too real."

"I get it." Peter murmured. "But I'm here, alright?"

Edmund smiled weakly. "Thank you."

••••••••