Go back to sleep

March 17th
It's midnight

•••••

Peter was awoken late one night to his eight year old brother climbing onto the end of his bed, grinning over at him, wide awake.

Peter groaned. "What-" He stretched, rubbing at his eyes. "What time is it?"

"Midnight." Edmund replied.

Peter sighed, relaxing a little and turning onto his right side. "Go back to sleep." He grumbled, barely able to see his brother in the dark room.

"But it's midnight." Edmund told him. "I'm not eight anymore."

Oh yeah, right... His nine year old brother.

Peter sighed again, forcing his eyes to stay open. "Right yeah," He murmured. "Happy Birthday."

Edmund grinned even wider.

"Now go back to sleep."

Edmund frowned. "I'm not tired." He explained.

"Well I am." Peter told him. "Go to sleep."

Edmund stared at him for ages, and Peter genuinely nearly fell asleep again, but was disturbed again when his brother whispered his name.

"What?" Peter grumbled, laying there with his eyes closed, curled up under the blanket.

"Will you get up with me in the morning?" Edmund asked. "Early."

"That depends whether you let me sleep now or not." Peter told him simply.

"Okay." Edmund whispered, clambering off the bed and heading back to his own.

Peter sighed, bringing the blanket up to his chin and drifting back off to sleep, but of course he was woken up at seven that morning.

Although he would admit he thought it would've been earlier, he guessed Edmund's midnight wake had tired him out.

•••••••