I've missed you

January 11th
Don't do that again

•••••

As soon as Edmund had jumped down off his horse Lucy flung her arms around his neck, holding on so tight Edmund thought she'd never let go.

He chuckled a little, bringing up his arms to wrap them around his little sister, who he guessed wasn't so little anymore, but still his baby sister nonetheless.

"I've missed you." Lucy murmured, her voice barely more than a whisper.

Edmund smiled. "I've only been gone a month." He said, amused.

"Yeah well, don't do that again." Lucy told him firmly, pulling away. "It was too long."

Edmund ruffled her hair in a teasing way, laughing softly. "I'll see what I can do."

Lucy just gave him a firm nod, before they were interrupted by Peter and Susan, who both wasted no time in pulling their brother into a hug.

"Boy am I glad you're back." Peter breathed. "It's been manic around here."

Edmund smirked. "Couldn't handle things without me?" He said.

Peter rolled his eyes. "You wish." He muttered.

"He knows I'm right." Edmund whispered to Susan, who just chuckled quietly, shaking her head slowly.

"Why don't you head upstairs and freshen up." Susan said after a moment. "I've planned to have your favourite for dinner and I reckon it'll be ready soon."

Edmund grinned at this, and within ten minutes he was up in his room, unpacking his bag.

He hadn't been alone for long before there was a knock at the door, and opening it he found Lucy in the hallway.

"Alright?" Edmund asked with a smile, letting her into the room.

Lucy smiled. "Yeah," She breathed. "Just got nothing to do."

Edmund smirked. "Oh to know that feeling." He breathed. "What are Peter and Susan up to?"

"Um, Susan's setting the table for dinner." Lucy answered. "And Peter had to go speak with Orious."

Edmund nodded as he wandered over to his wardrobe. "Has it really been manic around here?"

"I guess so." Lucy said with a small nod. "Peter's been a bit stressed, but he's okay, definitely glad you're back though."

Edmund chuckled gently. "Well I hope he lets me know if he needs a hand with anything," He murmured. "I know what he's like."

Lucy smirked, but didn't reply to this, knowing Edmund was right anyway. "You glad you're back?" She asked slowly.

Edmund laughed, walking over to his sister and pulling her into a gentle hug. "Of course I am." He murmured. "I've missed you so much."

•••••••••