Worth a try

March 7th
Never again

------

"Come on it seriously doesn't taste that bad."

Lucy pulled a face. "But it smells disgusting." She pointed out, almost glaring at the mug that Edmund held in his hands. 

"I promise you it tastes better than it smells." Edmund told her, offering her the mug of coffee.

"Why don't I believe you?"

Edmund chuckled. "Go on, just try it." He said. 

"Don't people put milk in it?" Lucy questioned, taking the mug.

Edmund shrugged. "You can, or you don't have to, up to the person." He said. "I'll drink either really." 

Lucy stared at him for a moment, before she sighed and eventually took a sip of the almost black liquid.

She immediately coughed, pulling a face and shaking her head. 

Edmund laughed, taking the drink back. "You don't like it." He guessed. 

Lucy scrunched up her face. "It's horrible." She muttered. 

"Maybe try it with milk next time?" Edmund suggested. 

Lucy glared at him, causing Edmund to force back an amused smirk. "Next time?" She grumbled. "Never again will I be drinking that stuff." 

"Drinking what stuff?" Peter asked as he entered the room, heading straight to make himself a cup of tea.

"Edmund made me try his coffee." Lucy replied, heading over to get a glass of water, wanting to get rid of the horrid taste that was lingering in her mouth.

Peter sighed. "In what world did you think Lucy was gonna like coffee?" He asked his brother. 

Edmund shrugged a little. "Worth a try." He said. 

"I don't even know why you drink the stuff anyway." Peter said. "Even I agree it isn't the nicest." 

Edmund smiled. "It keeps me awake." He said.

"Well maybe if you didn't stay awake all night reading you wouldn't be so tired." Peter told him.

Edmund opened his mouth to argue, but Peter only raised an eyebrow at him to get him to shut up, after all, they both knew he was right.

-------------------
Happy World Book Day :)