In his brother's arms

March 13th
This isn't over

••••••••

Peter had to catch Edmund as he was all but thrown into the cell, the door slamming shut and locking again only a second after.

Edmund groaned as Peter caught him, gritting his teeth against the flare of pain it sent through his whole body.

"Sorry." Peter murmured, voice cracking as he sat against the wall, bringing Edmund with him and holding him close.

Edmund settled with his back to his brother's side, taking a deep, shaky breath and closing his eyes.

"You okay?" Peter whispered, unsure if he genuinely wanted to know the answer or not.

Edmund took a moment, before he shrugged weakly. "I've been better." He murmured. "But I've also been worse so it can't be all bad."

Peter sighed. "What was it this time?" He whispered.

Edmund hesitated. "They decided to just go with a thorough beating this time." He murmured in reply. "I'm gonna have some bruises."

Peter's eyes filled with tears that he just couldn't stop, and he gently pulled his brother a little closer, placing a kiss to the top of his head.

"This isn't over, is it?" Edmund breathed, not sounding scared, but sounding uneasy.

Peter shook his head. "I don't think so, no." He choked out. "But it will be soon, I promise."

Edmund nodded a little, shifting slightly and wincing when he moved.

"Let me guess," Peter murmured. "Cracked ribs?"

Edmund swallowed hard. "Think so." He replied.

Peter buried his face in Edmunds shoulder. "I'm so sorry." He choked.

But Edmund shook his head. "Don't be sorry, you didn't do this to me." He whispered, voice firm no matter how quietly he spoke.

Peter sighed. "I wish I could stop it though." He said.

"I know you do." Edmund murmured.

Peter was quiet for a while, before he took a deep breath. "Get some rest." He murmured. "I'm right here."

Edmund smiled weakly, "I know." He breathed, and despite everything, he was fast asleep within ten minutes, feeling more than safe in his brother's arms.

•••••••••••