We're not lost

March 21st
We're lost

•••••

"Okay, you promised me and the start of this little walk that we wouldn't get lost."

Peter turned to face his brother. "We're not lost." He replied.

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "Really, because I'm pretty sure I've seen that tree at least three times now." He said.

Peter glanced at this tree his brother was pointing at. "All the trees look the same." He mumbled.

Edmund stared at him. "It's not going to kill you to admit we're lost." He told him.

"But we aren't." Peter said firmly. "I know the way back to the castle."

"Okay, which way is it then?" Edmund asked, crossing his arms.

Peter thought for a while, before he pointed left. "That way." He said.

"We just came from that way." Edmund responded, "See, there's the rock you tripped over."

Peter sighed, "Yeah alright." He grumbled. "We're lost."

Edmund smirked a little. "We'll find our way back don't worry." He said. "I'm pretty sure we can't be that far away."

Peter nodded a little. "Well let's hurry up." He muttered. "The girls will get worried."

"And I'm hungry too." Edmund pointed out, heading off in a random direction.

They found their way back to the castle eventually, but it was two hours later.

"Where on earth have you two been?" Susan asked as they walked into the dining room.

"We got lost." Edmund said, not really seeming phased and sitting down.

"I did tell you it wasn't a good idea to go hiking across the woods when you don't know it." Susan said. "We've only been here a month."

Edmund shrugged. "We found our way back didn't we?" He said. "So it's fine."

Peter took his seat next to Edmund, running a hand through his hair. "The woods are bigger than I thought." He said.

Lucy giggled, but didn't say anything.

"Next time we go for a walk, I'm taking someone who knows the area." Edmund said. "Not Peter."

"You're acting like I got us lost." Peter said.

"I was following you." Edmund teased.

Peter rolled his eyes playfully. "Then don't next time." He said.

Edmund laughed. "Don't worry," He breathed. "I definitely won't."

••••••••••