Get away with it

January 12th
I know what you did

"Did you really think you'd get away with it?"

"Get away with what?" 

"Oh come on," Peter said, staring. "You may think I'm stupid, but I can promise you I am far from it." 

"I'm still sticking with you're pretty stupid."

Peter smirked slightly, leaning against the door frame. "I know what you did. You gonna admit it?" He asked. 

"Admit what?"

Peter rolled his eyes, walking into the room and over to the bed. "I'll just tell Susan that her cookies got up and walked out the front door shall I?" He murmured, sounding amused. 

Edmund blinked at his older brother, shrugging after a moment. "You do just that." He said slowly. 

Peter chuckled to himself. "And you think she'll believe it?" He questioned.

Edmund slowly shook his head, before sighing. "I got hungry." He replied after a moment or two. "She said we could have some anyway." 

"Later, after dinner." Peter told him. "And you knew that." 

Edmund hesitated. "Well, she won't kill me." He said, before swallowing hard. "I don't think."

Edmund sounded so nervous that Peter couldn't help but laugh. "She won't kill you." He chuckled. "Although you may want to go and explain to her what happened to her precious, freshly baked cookies."

"She doesn't actually know?" 

Peter shook his head. "In all fairness, she thinks you're in bed sick." He pointed out. 

Edmund pouted. "I am in bed sick." He said firmly. "The cookies made me feel a little better actually." 

Peter nodded slowly, an amused glint in his eyes. "Okay," He said. "I'll let her know then shall I, and don't worry, I'll add that they made you feel a little bit better." 

Edmund managed a small smirk at the teasing tone in his older brothers voice, and didn't say anything as he opened his book again. 

"Oh, mum says dinner will be ready by six." Peter said as he headed back to the door. "Or are you not hungry anymore?"

"Not really." Edmund mumbled. 

"Oh Ed," Peter laughed, but he didn't say anything else and only left his brother alone.