I'm here if you need me

January 18th
What are you doing?

-----

"What are you doing?"

Edmund froze in front of the mirror, swallowing hard. 

Peter was currently stood in the doorway of his brothers bedroom, gripping the handle from where he'd just opened the door.

Edmund quickly pulled himself together, grabbing his shirt from the bed and throwing it over his head, slipping his arms into the sleeves as he turned around. "Do you ever knock?" He muttered. 

Peter frowned. "I did knock." He replied. "Twice."

Edmund blinked at him, not saying anything for a while before he sighed. "Sorry," He murmured. "Must've zoned out." 

"You okay?" Peter asked. "You're looking tired." 

"Yeah," Edmund breathed. "Still not sleeping well." 

Peter gave a small nod, hesitating. "What were you doing?" He asked again, sounding unsure. 

Edmund sank down to sit on the edge of his bed, running a hand through his messy hair. "Just - checking if it's healed yet." 

Peter had to quickly force away the image of Beruna that flashed in his minds eye, and took a deep breath. "Has it?" He all but whispered.

Edmund shrugged. "Nearly." He replied. "I think it's gonna scar though." 

Peter stared at him for a while before heading over and taking a seat beside his brother. "You okay?" He whispered. 

Edmund nodded a little. "I'm alive." He sighed. 

Peter wrapped an arm around Edmund's shoulders, pulling him close. "I'm here if you need me." He told him, voice firm.

Edmund smiled weakly. "I know," He whispered. "Thank you."