Chapter 81

Ji Mingxia never expected for the matter to go around in a circle and eventually involve Yu Ning.

He originally thought that Banana Leaf Village was outside of the plot, and the Zhou Tao incident was just an accident. But now that it might be related to Yu Ning, Ji Mingxia was suddenly a little uncertain.

Thinking of this, Ji Mingxia asked more questions but unfortunately, Zhou Tao knew very little about the mystery man, and had no other clues except for tracking him to the orphanage.

Ji Mingxia looked at Zhou Tao and he felt his head pounding at the thought of the hidden unknown conspiracy that might be related to Yu Ning.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the courtyard gate.

Having experienced the ghost knocking on the door, Ji Mingxia now had a psychological shadow when it came to knocks on the door. He only breathed a sigh of relief when he looked through the monitoring screen and saw the person wearing police clothes outside the gate.

The energy of the ring had retracted at some point, leaving only Zhou Tao lying quietly on the ground.

After losing the copper coin, Xhou Tao remained slumped on the floor even without the ring's restraint

Let alone escaping, he didn’t even have the strength to stand up.

Ji Mingxia opened the gate, verified the identity of the police, and led them into the hall.

Seeing Zhou Tao on the ground, and still awake, the police then looked at the scene, and made a variety of registration.

Ji Mingxia stood aside as he waited for the police to deal with everything. However, he found himself getting dizzy.

He didn't know when it started, and he was inexplicably a little dizzy.

Ji Mingxia had been in a high state of concertation and vigilance from the moment he decided to deal with Zhou Tao.

It was only when the police came to check the scene and he confirmed his grandmother’s safety that Ji Mingxia relaxed.

A strange drowsiness hit, Ji Mingxia’s legs became weak and he soon lost consciousness ......

*******

A strange light floated in the darkness.

Ji Mingxia followed this light and slowly weaved through the darkness.

He seemed to be in a mysterious space. The sound of wind, water, and countless thunder and lightning came to his ears and passed through his eyes. It was as if the world was in his mind.

Ji Mingxia moved forward step by step, each step under his feet was like ten thousand rivers and a thousand mountains.

The light was like a beacon, leading Ji Mingxia to dive deeper and farther into the world.

At this moment, Ji Mingxia suddenly saw the ring on his hand.

A familiar face flashed through his mind. His feet unconsciously paused and his yearning and obsession for the abyss instantly dissipated.

"What am I doing?" Ji Mingxia looked at the chaotic surroundings. A fear sprouted in his heart and he was instantly awake.

—The blinding light shone into his eyes and Ji Mingxia could not help but raise his hand to block his eyes. It was only after several seconds that he slowly put down his hand, and sat up from the sofa.

It turned out that he had fallen asleep and was just dreaming.

The world in the dream was dark, but it was noon at the moment. The sunlight was shining on the balcony, and because the curtains were not drawn shut, a ray of sunlight shone in and landed right on his eyes.