Chapter 126

“In the early hours of January 2nd, an emergency occurred at Central Ring Road in Funan County …… The hotel where the accident occurred opened the year before, with a total of 60 rooms in the hotel …… The people trapped… …The specifics are being further verified …… After the accident, the county fire brigade deployed 13 vehicles and 67 people to the scene, as well as the nearby fire rescue personnel……”

When Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning came downstairs, Grandma Ji was already sitting in the living room watching TV.  She saw the two coming down and immediately took the remote and turned the TV off.

Ji Mingxia originally wanted to go over and cozy up to his grandmother, but as a result, he saw the TV screen go black and the news turned off before he could even sit down.

“Aren’t you still watching the news?” Ji Mingxia asked casually.

“Let’s eat.” Grandma Ji said as she got up.

Ji Mingxia didn’t think much of it and followed Yu Ning and Grandma Ji to have breakfast together, then the two of them accompanied Grandma Ji out.

He was already prepared to take Yu Ning to the farm, and as they walked, Ji Mingxia introduced Yu Ning to the various topographical conditions of Banana Leaf Village. When they passed a certain vegetable patch, Ji Mingxia even introduced the fruits of his summer labour to Yu Ning.

Unexpectedly, Grandma Ji took the two of them around the village instead of heading to the farm.

Banana Leaf village covered a small area and had a small population, so the villagers were both neighbours and relatives.

Although Ji Mingxia’s relationship with Grandma Ji had improved, and he had interacted more with the villagers last summer, the events of the past few years had not been forgotten.

Having lost both parents and being raised by his grandmother, Ji Mingxia was understanding and filial at first, but on falling in love, his relationship with his grandmother dropped to a freezing point.

Banana Leaf village was so small that the whole village knew when something was going on.

The fact that Ji Mingxia liked the same sex and had upset Grandma Ji had long been spread around.

Because of this, Grandma Ji’s deliberate act of driving Ji Mingxia away in order to protect him from Zhou Tao and his mother was never suspicious.

With Zhou Tao’s departure, the shadow hanging over Banana Leaf Village was lifted, and Ji Mingxia and Grandma Ji released their old grudge, which everyone was naturally happy to see.

However, they never expected that six months later, Ji Mingxia would return again, not only on his own but with a boyfriend in tow.

What was even more unbelievable was Grandma Ji’s attitude. Not only did she bless them, but she even took the two to meet the relatives and introduced them.

The villagers were simple, they were shocked in their hearts and their expressions naturally couldn’t hide their emotions as they looked at Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia in amazement.

Ji Mingxia was standing behind Grandma Ji and naturally felt everyone’s emotions. He too was confused and he looked at Grandma Ji in a daze.

Everyone’s faces were strange because of the sudden shock, and Grandma Ji, whose face was calm, looked particularly out of place.

She was the oldest person in Banana Leaf Village, so she was one of the most respected in the village.

She was as calm as someone her age would be so the villagers thought it was normal and did not behave erratically before her.