Chapter 57

It was late in the afternoon, and the weather was good. The spring water tinkled and reflected the sunlight, and the surroundings were bright and refreshing.

A gust of wind blew by, wrapping the aroma of food and burrowing it into Bao Guangyuan’s nose. He swallowed uncontrollably and took a few more deep breaths, trying to inhale the aroma into his stomach.

Although he couldn’t eat the food, it was worth inhaling a few more breaths!

He was so hungry but he dared not ask Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia for some food.

By this time, Bao Guangyuan had seen everything thoroughly.

Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning looked like they were easy to bully on the surface, but the facts were different.

From the very beginning of their encounter, the four of them were in a tentative relationship of mutual distrust.

He and Meng Xingyi wanted to rely on Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia’s strength, while Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia wanted to use them to further understand the monster.

When they were plotting to take away Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia’s resources, Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia were likewise using them to attract the monster……

Then there was last night.

The supplies are usually placed in Yu Ning’s bag, but suddenly, those supplies were then replaced with trash instead.

They had already made preparations and were waiting for him and Meng Xinyi to take the bait.

Ji Mingxia’s surprise on discovering that the backpack had been stolen did not look fake, but Yu Ning, on the contrary, looked calm from start to finish.

Although Yu Ning had the same expression from the beginning to the end, Bao Guangyuan was sure that everything was within Yu Ning’s expectation.

Sure enough, he and Meng Xinyi lived up to his expectations; one stole the rubbish and ran away at night, while the other stayed and gave an account of the past.

If he and Meng Xinyi had stolen the bag and escaped together, what would Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia have done? They were also trapped in this forest and wanted to solve everything quickly.

And what if he and Meng Xingyi really realised their mistake and did nothing last night, what would Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia have come up with to make them confess their past?

Bao Guangyuan’s thoughts flew around haphazardly as he made multiple assumptions.

If they hadn’t stolen anything, the best solution was for Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia to tempt them with food to get them to confess, right?

Thinking of this, Bao Guangyuan gulped, mentally recalling the taste of the puffs.

It wasn’t so bad if he could eat while explaining everything. Unfortunately, he had missed the opportunity, and he could only watch Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia gorge themselves on food and drink in front of him.

Bao Guangyuan took another deep breath before deciding to turn his head and stop staring at them.

Suddenly, a packet of sandwiches was placed in front of him.

Bao Guangyuan froze for a moment, and when he raised his head, he saw Ji Mingxia walking back to his original position and whispering to Yu Ning.

The packet of sandwiches was obviously reserved for him.

The surprise came so suddenly that Bao Guangyuan reached out his hand somewhat hesitantly, but fearing that Yu Ning would get angry, he hurriedly withdrew his hand.