Chapter 139

At the back of Funan County were endless mountains and dense forests, and the further one went in, the worse the signal became, and in the end, there was no signal at all.

It was not the first time that Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning spent the night in the middle of nowhere, so they were quite used to it.

There were no mysterious items this time, no monsters or ghosts, and no human beings to be vigilant of so it was much better.

Ji Mingxia couldn't use his mobile phone, and he didn't have any paper, pencil or homework, so he was a little bored in the mountains, but he couldn't care less as he had Yu Ning to worry about.

Two days passed in the blink of an eye and Yu Ning was gradually getting better. Ji Mingxia gradually calmed down and finally slept soundly that night.

In his dream, the stars fell from the sky, turning into thousands of dots of light. Like a pilgrimage, they converged from all over the world, and then started coming towards him.

Ji Mingxia vaguely felt like this scene was somewhat familiar. The points of light were getting closer and closer to him, and just when he was getting puzzled, a pained and suppressed groan suddenly came from beside him.

Ji Mingxia woke up with a start and turned his head to see Yu Ning curled up in pain, his body trembling uncontrollably.

As if he was under fire, the blood in his body boiled beneath his skin, and when it reached its limit, Yu Ning's skin started cracking open inch by inch, blood slowly flowed out, instantly staining Yu Ning red.

Ji Mingxia gasped and lunged up to help Yu Ning, he did not dare touch him easily, and could only call his name anxiously.

"I.....I'm fine....." Yu Ning was convulsing in pain, he endured and managed to raise his head and slowly reassured Ji Mingxia.

However, in the next instant, his eyes got slight cracks, and blood flowed out of them, dripping onto the back of Ji Mingxia's hand.

The warm blood landed on his skin, and Ji Mingxia's hand shook. He felt himself go dizzy as his whole body fell into a great panic.

"We can't go on like this, I have to find someone to save you, I have to save you ......" Ji Mingxia muttered.

He couldn’t think anymore, he got up in a daze and walked by instinct.

A voice inside kept telling him that he could save Yu Ning if he just kept walking.

As soon as Ji Mingxia got up, the energy around him sensed his movement and the wind whirled around him in a strange way.

Yu Ning gritted his teeth and stretched out his hand, tugging at the hem of Ji Mingxia's shirt, "Mingxia, don't go."

At Yu Ning’s tug, Ji Mingxia instantly came to his senses.

Seeing that Yu Ning was still down on the ground and enduring the pain, Ji Mingxia hurried back to his side and said in a low voice, "Okay, I'm not leaving, I'll stay right here."

It was only when he heard Ji Mingxia's voice right next to his ear that Yu Ning calmed down and slowly released his grip on Ji Mingxia.

Ji Mingxia quickly held Yu Ning's hand, the joints showed signs of bruising and Ji Mingxia dared not move, he could only stay by Yu Ning's side.

This time, Yu Ning's seizure was shorter than the last one, and after about an hour or so, he slowly returned to normal.

But the opposite of that was his appearance.

If the previous Yu Ning had become eerie in the sense that he did not look like a living person, the current Yu Ning was even more terrifying.

He had cracks all over his body that would not heal in a short time, and not only was his body covered in horrible blood stains, even more horrifying were his eyes that were now tinged with red.