Chapter 64

When Ji Mingxia learned that Pei Yuan and Yu Ning might not live to be fifty years old, his face had turned a little pale.

But after listening to Pei Yuan’s words, his whole body trembled and he couldn’t even sit still.

Pei Yuan also did not expect that his words would deal such a severe blow to Ji Mingxia.

He hurriedly asked, “Are you alright?”

“I ……” Ji Mingxia shook his head. He was about to deny it, but as soon as his head shook, a stabbing pain came from within his ear canal.

Ji Mingxia gasped, and immediately covered his ears, frowning as he endured the stinging pain.

The pain came so fast and unexpectedly that Ji Mingxia felt his eyes go black for a second.

Fortunately, the pain was not constant and it disappeared after a few moments, leaving only the residual pain to haunt him.

Ji Mingxia said patiently, “I’m fine, it’s just that my ear canal is a bit inflamed, I’ll just go to the hospital when we get down the mountain tomorrow.”

“Inflammation of the ear canal?” Pei Yuan thought for a moment, turned sideways and took out a bottle of eye drops from his bag, followed by a bottle of erythromycin ointment, “Try this.”

Ji Mingxia hurriedly said, “I’m fine, it’s just a slight inflammation, it’s not serious. I have anti-inflammatory medicine and Yu Ning will help clean out my ears later. All it needs is a cotton swab to wipe the medicine in.”

Pei Yuan insisted, “These are ofloxacin eye drops, a drop in your ear will relieve it so you don’t need to do that. The liquid is cool and soft, which is more suitable for your current situation.”

With that, Pei Yuan handed the eye drops and ointment to Ji Mingxia.

The pain that came from time to time affected him and seeing that Pei Yuan had handed something he desperately needed at the moment, Ji Mingxia did not feel polite and took them with gratitude, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Pei Yuan said, “I should have said sorry to you for the way I handled that incident …… back then, it was not quite right.”

Back then?

The way he handled the incident?

Ji Mingxia knew that Pei Yuan was talking about the past between him and the original owner. Unfortunately, Ji Mingxia had no memories and had no way of guessing. He was also eager to find out what had actually happened between Pei Yuan and the original owner.

With Pei Yuan’s character, it was absolutely impossible for him to do something bad or wrong to Ji Mingxia.

So he guessed that Pei Yuan intended to help Ji Mingxia, but things didn't go quite well.

The fact that Pei Yuan didn’t recognise Ji Mingxia when they first met meant that they had met at least two or three years ago.

At that time, Pei Yuan was less than twenty and Ji Mingxia was still in junior high school. Adolescence was the peak of human growth and development, and within a few years, one can lose the baby fat and grow into the appearance of an adult. He looked different from the way he was two or three years ago so Pei Yuan couldn’t recognize him.

Having established these points in his mind, Ji Mingxia weighed his words and said, “I know, you meant well, I should be the one to thank you.”

Pei Yuan did not expect to receive Ji Mingxia’s thanks and he laughed in surprise, “I only thought that you were not too young and should not decide on your future so early. Now that I think about it, I was indeed too impulsive at that moment and I should have communicated with you properly. Are you still together?”