Chapter 55

Bao Guangyuan was trapped in the darkness, he could not see and there was silence all around him. He went from shock, to anger and then to fear. When he realised that he could not get out no matter what, his whole being was completely thrown into despair.

He sat alone in the darkness, unaware of how much time had passed, and just when he was about to be driven mad, there was a sudden flash of light ahead of him.

A beam of light shone through the wall and fell on Bao Guangyuan’s face.

Bao Guangyuan’s eyes had already adapted to the darkness, so he felt a pain in both eyes when the light suddenly hit his eyes, and tears flowed out almost by reflex.

He quickly covered his eyes with his hands and he slowly opened them after waiting a few minutes for them to adjust to the light.

He saw a man with a torch standing in front of him.

Without thinking, Bao Guangyuan lunged to grab the torch and subdue the other man.

However, his attempt was in vain. His body passed through the man’s body and landed heavily on the ground.

Bao Guangyuan fell to the ground with a thud, and he turned back in horror. The man was still standing in the same place and he had not even made a single movement.

It turned out to be a projected dummy.

At that moment, the man’s voice, which had been specially treated with a voice changer, rang out.

“The ten most important people in Bao Guangyuan’s life are: grandfather, grandmother, grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, Meng Xinyi.”

The man’s processed voice, neither male nor female, was eerie as it rang out.

Every time he said a name, a figure appeared in front of Bao Guangyuan’s eyes. They were figures of his family and friends respectively!

As the man’s words fell, ten people stood silently in front of Bao Guangyuan, all of them looking at him with smiles on their faces.

Bao Guangyuan grew up in a happy family, he had many relatives, all of whom loved him, and he tried very hard to give back to everyone around him with love.

When it came to filling out this card, Bao Guangyuan’s first thought was to put his family on it.

As there were ten people to fill in, the family members were all filled in, and it so happened that Meng Xinyi was standing beside Bao Guangyuan at that moment, so he added her as well.

Anyway, to him, the eight people in the group were all his friends, so it didn't matter if he put Meng Xinyi in as she also represented friendship.

On a normal day, Bao Guangyuan would be happy to have so many family members and friends looking at him, but at such a time and place, he only felt dread.

He would rather remain trapped in the darkness alone, than have his family appear. He didn’t want to see them even if he knew they were fake.

The man’s words continued.

“Bao Guangyuan was on a boat with the ten most important people in his life. It was raining and lightning flashed between the clouds. The boat drifting on the water was overloaded, one person had to leave for the remaining ten to survive.”

The man’s voice drifted into Bao Guangyuan’s ears.

“Whom do you choose?”

----------

Bao Guangyuan paused as he narrated this part, and he was silent for a moment.

Ji Mingxia glanced at Yu Ning, and they immediately guessed Bao Guangyuan’s answer.