Chapter 41

Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan were both inexperienced in jungle survival and exceptionally weak in combat. They had survived for so long because, first, they had been lucky not to encounter the monster in the past few days; and second, because the natural environment of the Love Mountain Spring was rich in supplies and was sufficient to feed them.

Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan's hiding place was not so far. It was on the edge of the Love Mountain Spring, and apart from the water, there was also a large fruit forest.

At first, they didn't recognise what kind of fruit it was and didn't quite dare to eat it, but then their stock grew smaller and smaller and, in desperation, Bao Guangyuan took the lead in taking a bite.

After confirming that there was nothing wrong after eating the fruit, it became their staple food, and together with the few compressed biscuits they had left, they struggled to survive.

Drinking the spring water and eating the fruits every day was enough not to starve to death, but they got cravings. After several days without any normal food, both Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan couldn't bear it anymore.

Seeing that the monster had not appeared in the past few days, the two gradually got braver and took advantage of the daylight to go for a walk around the area. They wanted to find out if there was anything good to eat, and it would be even better if they could hunt some game.

The end result was no surprise. They only managed to exert themselves and gained nothing.

Due to the steepness of the mountain and its natural geography, one is able to easily take in what was going on below them. So Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan noticed Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning as soon as they entered the mountain.

At first, Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan were quite happy to see two people coming up the mountain as they thought it was their teammates.

But as Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning got closer and closer, and after seeing their general shapes, Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan realised that these were two strangers who had suddenly appeared.

They were both surprised and a little scared.

Like Song Yuelin's concerns, Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan thought that they would not be a match for Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia. Since they could not physically fight, and did not want their hiding place to be occupied, the two eventually thought of a way to deliberately scare Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia.

Unexpectedly, they ended up with such a result.

Meng Xinyi's body was sore from the fall, and Ji Mingxia was even bruised, making the intact Pao Guangyuan look very odious.

Whenever Yu Ning's eyes swept over him, Pao Guangyuan felt furtive and he dared not look at Yu Ning again.

Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning had brought them news, and on top of that, the equipment and supplies they were carrying were obviously much more adequate than Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan.

In contrast, Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan were so poor that, not to mention food, the clothes on their bodies were quite worn and looked tattered.

When the gap between one side and the other is too great, there is little concern.

For Meng Xinyi and Bao Guangyuan, it was clearly more affordable to cling to the thick thighs of Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning.

The only thing they had at the moment was the location they had been holed up in for the past few days.

"That place is very nice. There is a super super big tree and the leaves are especially dense. There is no worry of being drenched when it rains, Xin Yi and I sleep there at night, so you guys can go and rest ......" Bao Guangyuan said, and glanced at Ji Mingxia. "Take a look at the wound by the way and recover sooner."