Chapter 67

The ornamental materials inside the commercial car were destroyed, and the place where the corpse had been hidden before was empty, leaving only a lot of brown bloodstains and maggots.

Thinking back to the situation when he first saw the commercial vehicle, and then looking at its present appearance after only being a few days, Ji Mingxia had some inexplicable feelings.

However, it was Bao Guangyuan who had the strongest emotions.

A car of seven people had come over, and in just a few days, six people had died, leaving him all alone.

Except for Zhou Li, who died at the hands of her friend and had left bloodstains and maggots inside the car, the remaining five didn’t even leave ashes because they were destroyed by the power of the ring.

All were buried in the wind and water of the Love Mountain Spring.

Bao Guangyuan walked up and looked at the wrecked state of the car. He had just stretched out his hand when the commercial vehicle suddenly shook gently.

Bao Guangyuan froze, thinking that he was mistaken.

The next moment, there was a loud crash. The vehicle toppled over and a black shadow suddenly appeared in front of Bao Guangyuan.

The black shadow appeared so suddenly and Bao Guangyuan had no time to react at all.

He watched the black shadow pounce on him with the stench of a rotting corpse following it. His mind went blank and he even forgot to resist.

A red light suddenly flew past in the nick of time and landed directly on the black shadow.

The black shadow that was about to smash into Bao Guangyuan twitched, and it withdrew its palm in pain. It took a few steps back and faced Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia’s direction with a fierce growl coming out of its mouth.

It was only at this moment that everyone could see what this black shadow really was.

It turned out to be a brown bear!

It was brownish-grey in colour, with thick hair and a huge body. It was as big as two or three Bao Guangyuans.

The commercial vehicle was parked by the trees and the bushes were dense. So although broken, the commercial vehicle was intact, making it a natural habitat.

This brown bear must have been around for a long time. The car was in such a state of disrepair that Ji Mingxia thought it was caused by a fight, but it seemed likely that the bear was responsible.

When Ji Mingxia and the others came this way, the bear probably heard the commotion and went into hiding.

Animals judge strange outsiders based on their height because in the jungle, the taller the creature, the more difficult it is to deal with.

For many animals, people who appear in groups are a threat and they wouldn’t attack recklessly.

It was not until Bao Guangyuan was close to the commercial vehicle and at arm’s length that the brown bear sensed a crisis and took the initiative to attack.

The attack came suddenly but it turned into a failure.

In addition, Yu Ning’s red light injured the brown bear’s palm, so although the brown bear was extremely reluctant, it immediately found an opportunity to turn around and run.

It was huge but it moved swiftly and conveniently and had no intention of getting attached to the battle.

It was only when the bear was gone that Bao Guangyuan came back to his senses and realised what he had been through.