Chapter 17

Ji Mingxia waited for Yu Ning’s reply with some trepidation.

He was really adding drama to himself, and although the beginning of the main story had not yet started, it was still drama.

His persona as a supporting character was really crumbling!

‘If Yu Ning refuses…’

Ji Mingxia thought in his heart. 'If Yu Ning refuses me, I will pretend that nothing has happened, and quickly find an excuse to leave.'

He would not stay here where everyone would be embarrassed.

“Okay.” Yu Ning whispered.

Ji Mingxia heard Yu Ning’s voice, nodded, and nervously waited for Yu Ning’s answer.

It wasn’t until two seconds later that he reacted.

Ji Mingxia suddenly raised his head.

Yu Ning was taller than Ji Mingxia and he looked down at him: “Do you want to go now?”

Ji Mingxia looked at Yu Ning in a daze, “Yes!”

'Unexpectedly, Yu Ning didn’t even ask, he simply agreed!'

Ji Mingxia was simply overjoyed and he pulled Yu Ning to go outside: “Zhao Zhouye and the rest have already set off, and they will arrive at the hotel in less than an hour. I’ll call for a ride now, and we’ll be there in two or three hours, just in time for lunch…”

“Ji Mingxia.” Yu Ning was being pulled and he said helplessly, “I haven’t sorted myself out yet.”

“Sorting yourself?” Ji Mingxia looked back and remembered that they had all brought backpacks, and Yu Ning was not prepared for anything at all.

Ji Mingxia hurriedly said, “Then I will help you pack up.”

He walked over to Yu Ning’s desk as he talked, and put the pen and papers into the drawer.

As soon as he opened it, he saw a stack of worksheets in the drawer, full of words, all of which were Yu Ning’s notes.

Ji Mingxia saw the words “hotel” and “Lin Siyun” at a glance.

But in the next instant, Ji Mingxia’s eyes were attracted by something else.

Next to the worksheets was a wad of cash.

Electronic payment was so developed these days, and Ji Mingxia had not seen cash for a long time, so he said in surprise: “Hey, Yu Ning, you have so many banknotes in your drawer.”

Yu Ning was startled. He stepped forward to take out the cash, and then quickly closed the drawer.

“It’s my scholarship for this semester. The teacher gave it to me this morning.” Yu Ning said, planning to put the cash in his backpack.

Ji Mingxia quickly forgot the worksheets and the words written on them and immediately stopped Yu Ning’s actions: “You don’t have to bring money. I invited you to go and you are helping me. I can’t let you spend your money.” ”

Yu Ning was an orphan since childhood, and had always relied on state funding to go to school.  After the completion of the nine-year compulsory education, he has lived purely on scholarships.

Although this money was enough for Yu Ning to live, it was absolutely impossible for him to spend like an ordinary high school student.

This year’s consumption level had improved, and even if many high school students had begun to follow the trend of buying luxury goods, Yu Ning still had to budget for daily meals, let alone buying trendy brands.