Chapter 82

Grandma Ji suddenly proposed to see Yu Ning, which caught Ji Mingxia off guard.

He stammered and did know how to respond. Just at that moment, someone outside the door was looking for Grandma Ji. She immediately got up and opened the door.

Ji Mingxia breathed a sigh of relief, seized the opportunity and ran upstairs.

He was still wearing yesterday’s clothes and had slept on the couch all night so he was a mess. He had finished showering and dressing up when he saw his phone quietly sitting on the desk, and he couldn’t resist picking it up and dialing Yu Ning’s number once again.

A mysterious item had appeared in Banana Leaf Village, and Ji Mingxia was full of questions and clues that he couldn’t wait to share with Yu Ning.

However, the phone was silent for a moment when the voice came: “The number you have dialed is switched off”.  The excitement on Ji Mingxia’s face fell.

There was still no word from Yu Ning.

Ji Mingxia spent half a month in worry, and the day for the high school graduation ceremony finally arrived.

At the same time, under the expectation of many teachers, students and parents, the college entrance examination results came out.

In contrast to Grandma Ji, who was so nervous that she didn’t sleep all night, Ji Mingxia was very calm, after all, this was his second time taking the college entrance exam.

He got an average score the first time he took the college entrance examination. The second time couldn’t get any worse than the first time.

The final results came out, and sure enough, Ji Mingxia performed well, and the chance of getting into the school he wanted to apply to was stable.

Grandma Ji was relieved when she saw that there was no problem with Ji Mingxia getting into an undergraduate program. As for which school he wanted to go to in the future and what major he wanted to study, Grandma Ji was very open-minded and respected his choices. She wouldn’t interfere.

After the scores of the college entrance examination came out, it was time to fill out the volunteer forms.

This coincided with the high school graduation ceremony so Ji Mingxia had some apprehension, and some anticipation of going back to his school.

When the college entrance exams were finished, the freshman and sophomore students were not yet on vacation, and the school was buzzing with activity.

Now that they were back, the rest of the students had finished their final exams and gone home for the holidays. So the large school only had the senior students walking back and forth.

Although they hadn’t seen each other for half a month, there was a feeling that they hadn’t been separated when they all sat inside the classroom.

The hottest topic of the day was the results and volunteer applications.  There was chatter everywhere and the most frequent mention was Yu Ning, who was the provincial champion this year.

After greeting Zhao Zhouye and the others, Ji Mingxia sat down in his seat.

Since he and Yu Ning were at the same table in the last few days before the college entrance exam, Ji Mingxia’s position was right next to Yu Ning’s at the moment.

Ji Mingxia looked at the empty seat beside him and sat in his seat with some rare restraint. He did not take the initiative to chat with others, but cupped the ring in his hand and waited for the arrival of the person supposed to sit beside him.

The time passed, and when the bell rang, everyone subconsciously closed their mouths and sat quietly in the classroom. Everyone was there except Yu Ning.