Chapter 38

Just then, a hand touched the back of Ji Mingxia's hand.

Ji Mingxia trembled, and before he could speak, he felt that hand gently write on the back of his hand.

It was Yu Ning's hand and his fingertips were gently tracing Ji Mingxia's hand, one stroke at a time.

Ji Mingxia immediately maintained his posture, not moving a muscle, not even shifting his eyes, as if he had been completely frightened by the monster ......

Song Yuelin was hiding in a corner with bated breath, and when he noticed the monster staring at Ji Mingxia and coming in their direction, his facial muscles twitched slightly before he quickly closed his eyes.

The whole forest was dead silent.  Except for the sound of the monster walking around, there was no other more movement.

The sound of leaves being crushed was soft and crisp, and under the pressure of the monster, no one even dared to breathe hard. They were so tense that they could even hear their heartbeats.

Song Yuelin silently counted the time in his mind according to the frequency of his heartbeat. After about 30 seconds or so, he opened his eyes.

Compared to earlier, the sky was a little darker at this time. Song Yuelin looked ahead only to see that the place where the monster was standing was empty. In just thirty seconds, the terrifying behemoth had simply disappeared.

There were no more unwanted sounds within the forest, as if everything had returned to its previous calm.

A hint of suspicion flashed across Song Yuelin's face as he slowly turned his head and looked to his side.

Ji Mingxia, who had been hiding there had likewise disappeared, leaving only Yu Ning standing in place, looking at him coldly.

The person targeted by the monster had just disappeared?!

Song Yuelin froze for a moment, then his eyebrows twitched. He was barely able to suppress the joy on his face, and Yu Ning's cold face made him quickly calm down.

Although this guy was lean, he was young and tall, a tough guy.

Men's body fat rate was lower than women’s. Although the texture was not as filling as women's meat, it was also more soft because of less fat ......

Song Yuelin quietly stuffed the mirror in his palm back into his pocket. He wiped his face with his hand, took a deep breath and adjusted his facial expression before looking at Yu Ning suspiciously, "What's going on ...... is something wrong? How come him and the monster both disappeared?"

Yu Ning did not say anything, but directly turned around and walked in the direction of the commercial vehicle.

Song Yuelin had wanted to check the situation, but he didn't expect Yu Ning to walk away without giving him much face.

Song Yuelin's face was cold as he stared at Yu Ning's back. After seeing that Yu Ning had taken several steps out and was still unharmed, Song Yuelin eventually took quick steps to follow Yu Ning's footsteps and walked behind him.

Although they had been together for less than two hours, Song Yuelin had figured out Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning have distinct personalities and he has long seen through what kind of person Yu Ning is. He forced himself to restrain his emotions, and while walking back, he could not help but take the initiative to speak up again: "I was just so scared that I closed my eyes. I had no idea what was going on, and I didn't hear any sound... ...I didn't expect ...... the result to be like this."

Song Yuelin moved closer to Yu Ning and looked at his face, "Is your friend alright? Was he dragged away by the monster? Did you see him die with your own eyes? If you didn't see it with your own eyes, maybe there's still hope for everything?"