Chapter 119

Mother Ding never expected Ji Mingxia to react so strongly.

What surprised her even more was that not only Ji Mingxia, but even those people who were gathered outside the door had changed expressions.

They stared at her angrily, and although everyone was silent, the hateful gazes were so focused that they turned into an invisible force that almost overwhelmed Mother Ding.

The Ding couple looked at each other in disbelief.

Ji Mingxia had set them up, asking them to hand over the paternity test.

Although they could not produce the documents for the time being, they had given more favourable evidence to confirm their identity.

In theory, the situation should have been more favourable to them at the moment.

But why did it turn out to be the opposite of what they thought it would be?

The students who were reveling in the Ye family’s monetary rewards had turned to look at them angrily.

Why was this?

It was not the first day they knew that Yu Ning was an orphan.

Although the Ding couple rarely dealt with ordinary people, they also knew the power of public opinion.

Previously, with Ye Chen assisting them, most of the students were in a state of eating melons and watching, and the onlookers did not put pressure on them, so the Ding couple did not mind negotiating with Ji Mingxia while everyone watched.

But the situation was now reversed, and Mother mother immediately felt regretful.

She was unwilling to say any more and said directly, “As parents, we conceived him and brought him into this world, naturally we did not want him to suffer all the hardships. Back then, we had no choice but to place Yu Ning in an orphanage, and although we have not been able to recognize him as a Ding over the years, we have always done what we could to keep an eye on his life. Perhaps you don’t want to admit it, but it was really under our shelter that Yu Ning was able to grow up to be healthy today.”

Speaking of this, Mother Ding’s gaze slowly moved to Yu Ning: “Your brother, Jialin, grew up with us by his side, but he suffered no less than you did, and the weight on his shoulders was a heavy one that no one could have imagined. Yu Ning, as your parents, we don’t want to make things difficult for you, I know you have the ability to save him, as long as you bring Jialin back, we will recognize you in the future.”

Without waiting for Yu Ning’s response, Ji Mingxia immediately said, “No!”

He refused quickly and simply, not giving Mother Ding any face at all.

This time, not only Father Ding but also Mother Ding’s face sank.

She was like a puppet, there was little change in her expression, but the look in her eyes became cold. It was even more chilling, and perhaps it was his illusion, but Ji Mingxia felt like the temperature around him had dropped several degrees.

However, Ji Mingxia was being ruled by anger, even though he felt the terror of Mother Ding, he was so enraged that he simply ignored it.

Mother Ding’s words were so ambiguous, so eloquent, so reasonable, that at first glance, they could really fool people.

But Ji Mingxia, who knew the truth, was simply furious.

What did she mean by suffering no less than Yu Ning, and the weight on his shoulders was a heavy burden that no one can imagine?

From Ye Tian’s twin sister, to Lin Siyun, Li Youzi and others, and then the villagers in Banana Leaf Village, the long dead mother and son with cancer…