Chapter 133

If it were a few moments earlier, Ji Mingxia would have been quite happy to meet a living person by chance.

But after experiencing Xiao Qi, Ji Mingxia had a psychological shadow. Even a girl he had already met could turn into a monster in an instant, let alone this stranger he had never met before.

Ji Mingxia immediately became more vigilant. Not only did he not approach the other man, he did not even say a word.

On the contrary, the man looked all over Ji Mingxia’s body and asked with concern, “Are you alright, are you hurt?”

The concern on the other man’s face didn’t seem fake, so Ji Mingxia had to say back, “I’m fine, how about you?”

The man had a very complicated expression on his face. He took a deep breath, looked at Ji Mingxia and said, “I’m okay too, it’s great to see you ……”

Ji Mingxia gave him a strange look, although the expressions on his face were a bit genuine,  the memory of Xiao Qi a moment ago didn’t fade away. Even someone like a seasoned person like Ji Mingxia couldn’t accept seeing an ordinary person turn into a monster in an instant.

For people who had never experienced such things, these few days were akin to purgatory.

And yet this man did not break down on the spot and shout, he was already very calm.

Thinking of this, Ji Mingxia’s gaze fell on the man’s jacket.

It was the school uniform of their high school. In addition to the school logo embroidered on the chest, there was usually a school tag with the student’s name and class.

The flashlight inside the room was dim, but Ji Mingxia’s eyesight was extraordinarily good and he could see the words on the school tag at once.

Senior Class 9, Zhuo Cheng.

Ji Mingxia was a freshman this year and had just graduated from the school last year. This man was a senior, so he was Ji Mingxia’s junior, and had probably met him in the school before.

With such a layer of connection in place, Ji Mingxia’s heart was inevitably flooded with some sympathy even though he was still vigilant. He finally said with a soft voice, “Have you been alone these days? Where are your classmates, how are they doing?”

“Classmates?” The man froze and looked at Ji Mingxia in a dumbfounded manner.

Ji Mingxia only thought he was stunned, so he gestured to the school badge on his chest and said, “My name is Ji Mingxia, I just graduated from school last year, I’m a senior one year above you.”

The man stared at Ji Mingxia blankly and then looked down at his clothes.

When Ji Mingxia saw that he was unresponsive with his head down, he instantly gripped the ring in his hand warily, “Zhuo Cheng?”

Zhuo Cheng raised his head to see Ji Mingxia’s guarded look and he hurriedly adjusted his expression and said, “My …… classmates… I don’t know where they went, I got separated from them and I’ve been alone these past few days.”

Ji Mingxia looked at him suspiciously.

This man’s reaction gave Ji Mingxia a vague sense of foreboding.

Zhuo Cheng also seemed to notice that he was behaving strangely and hastily added, “I was alone in my room when the incident happened. The door was locked, and several people came knocking on the door in succession. I was more alert and did not open the door or answer. I slept until noon and woke up to find myself transported elsewhere.”

“I didn’t know something was wrong until I saw dead people in other rooms. I was lucky and spent most of my time hiding in the hotel. There were plenty of supplies and many bottles of water stored, and every time I went to a room, I found a place to hide and always carried water with me.”