Chapter 42

Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning, one wiping his fingers and the other gently wiping his lips, were silent for a moment.

Suddenly, Meng Xinyi, who was not far away, gave a startled cry and suddenly stood up and jumped twice.

Her movements were so large that it immediately drew the attention of everyone present.

Bao Guangyuan was the first to react.  He heard her cry and jumped up with her, guarding Meng Xinyi while looking around vigilantly, "What's wrong? Is there something wrong?!"

Meng Xinyi saw the way Bao Guangyuan was shielding her and she instantly came back to her senses, hastily saying with some embarrassment, "No, no, I just saw an oversized caterpillar and it startled me."

"Caterpillar?" Bao Guangyuan turned around and looked at Meng Xinyi strangely.

If it was in the past, Bao Guangyuan would understand a delicate little girl like Meng Xinyi being afraid of bugs.

But they were now in the middle of a forest; he and Meng Xinyi had been surviving here for several days.

The two of them were poorly equipped and did not have spare clothes, let alone tents and various field supplies.

They had used the sky as a hut and the ground as a bed, spreading leaves out and sleeping on them directly.

In such a rudimentary environment, let alone the sight of large caterpillars, even when the caterpillars crawled onto their bodies, they would not even change their faces.

If he remembered correctly, Meng Xinyi had even caught a leech yesterday and asked him if it could be eaten raw ......

Although Bao Guangyuan had some doubts in his heart, he didn’t say them out loud on seeing Meng Xinyi's face full of panic and embarrassment.

After all, she is a girl, it is a bit justifiable to suddenly get scared when caught off guard...right?

However, Meng Xinyi was afraid of bugs, but Bao Guangyuan was not.

He said to Meng Xinyi, "If you are afraid, stand still and tell me where the caterpillar is. I will go and catch it."

Meng Xinyi's expression froze for a moment: "It might have already run away, don't catch it, it's disgusting."

"How fast can a caterpillar run, especially an oversized caterpillar that can scare you. The fatter it is the slower it runs." Bao Guangyuan said carelessly, "If it is non-poisonous, we could catch and eat it."

Meng Xinyi glanced awkwardly at Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia not far away. She thought for a moment, and said to Bao Guangyuan, "We have fruit and melon seeds now, so we don't need to eat caterpillars. If you're really hungry, I'll give all of them to you to eat."

With that, Meng Xinyi put her wild fruits into Bao Guangyuan's hands.

Bao Guangyuan’s mind was full of fat caterpillars and he didn't expect Meng Xinyi to just stuff the fruit into his hand. He froze for a moment and looked at Meng Xinyi without saying anything.

Meng Xinyi looked down to compose her expression, and when she looked up again, there were already faint tears at the end of her eyes. She pulled Bao Guangyuan and sat down with him, bending over to him and saying, "Don't be polite, hurry up and eat. If it’s not enough, I'll go and pick more for you later."

Bao Guangyuan looked at Meng Xinyi dumbfounded: "This ...... what ah ......"

These wild fruits grew high up. Meng Xinyi could not climb the tree and it was always him who picked them while Meng Xinyi would pick up the fruit on the ground.