42

"I doubted"

Dwayne smirked and took a sip of his wine while you look at with a puzzle and raised a brow before saying

" What do you mean?" 

He didn't say anything but lifted his arm to your shoulder before patting it lightly, he walked away from you while you stood up and tried to seek answer but he ignored.

You heaved a deep sigh as many thoughts started running inside your mind. But suddenly the world starts spinning around you as if the ground beneath your feet becomes unsteady, and you feel like you're about to lose your balance but before you could you hold the bar section and make yourself sit on the chair and feel steady.

You looked at jungkook, standing up before walking towards you.

He was closing the distance with his big steps, maintaining a pure eyes contact with you while your mind becomes a battlefield with conflicting words of Dwayne.

You flinch a little by soft touch of Jungkook's rough hands and blinked looking at him. He caressed your cheeks and asked you what happened?

You looked at him for a good moment with your intense gaze as the weight of dwayne's words feels like heavy burden.

" Love" He again called you taking you out of your reverie.

" Yeah"

" You okay?..wanna go home?" He asked in a caring tone as he saw your pale face.
You gulped before nodding and called one of his man to take you back home but you stopped him and asked him 

" you are not coming with me?"

He shook his head and said he has something to finish. He would take a few more minutes.

" I'll wait..then, finish your work" 

He raised his brow at your words and said " are you sure?" 

You nodded quickly as you didn't want to leave him. 

" Okay then..I'll send Kai to entertain you..so, that you won't feel bored...hm "
You nodded and he pecked your lips " I'll come back..soon" 

He turned around and left and you saw his disappearing figure with a heavy heart. You didn't know why your mind races with thoughts of abandonment, and your heart feels heavy with the weight of impending loss. Every second feels like an eternity as you wait for him to return quickly and calm your racing heart.

You looked down at your hands with your blurr vision as they were trembling because of unknown fear. You blinked multiple times to get rid of blurring but suddenly jumped hard when a man chirped beside you

" Mrs. Jeon...hi" 

You looked at the other side only to find Kai standing there with a big wide smile. You collected yourself and tried to start a conversation to distract you from the unwanted thoughts. 

" Hi.." 

" Well you know me right...I'm Kai" 

You smiled at him and nodded but without your knowing your gaze stuck to other side where jungkook disappeared.

Kai was talking to you but your thoughts were wrapped around your mind. Kai looked at you as you were not replying to him and thought your mood is off and try to lighten up

" Mrs. Jeon.." you looked at him " i wanna ask you something?"

You nodded and he said" Why don't skeletons fight each other? " 

You face scrunched at his weird question and shook your head " i don't know" 

" Easy because they don't have the guts for it" he laughed at his own lame joke and you made a weird face.