40

JUNGKOOK POV

" She's alright...I told you to not take any kind of stress... she's my wife..my responsibility " i told skarlova on the phone as he was sounding restless after  getting to know about the blast. 

He was fuming in anger when I told him about the afternoon incident. He expressed his deep concern for his daughter's safety, emphasizing how much he loved her and how he couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her. 

He knows this world very well more than me but above all that he has his faith in me. As his son-in-law i gave him my words to protect his granddaughter at all costs, but being a tough and determined man he warned me of the consequences if anything were to happen to her.

" Whoever the person was but jungkook I can say that person will try to fool you.." skarlova said with concern and emphasizing the gravity of the situation and the potential dangers involved while i scoffed taking the paper weight in my hand, i said 

" No matter what he does, he must not forget who I am" 

I spat with a proud smirk while skarlova hummed playing on the other side " but still be careful jungkook...You know very well that there are many people here who want to defeat you and get her"

My gripped tightened around the paper weight as the anger erupted inside me

 " You don't have to worry..Whoever or whatever he is, it doesn't matter because I'm not going to give him an easy death....if he tried to lay hands on my woman then I'm gonna chop him off" 

" I trust the mafia king and feeling proud of my son in law at the same time" I can sense him smiling other side and i smiled too listening to his words. 

He acknowledged the power and influence his son-in-law aka me held, recognizing my capabilities as the leader of the Mafia. That's why he trusted me wholeheartedly to protect his precious daughter. He has profound trust and understanding, as the torch of responsibility was passed from one generation to the next to protect yn. He has unwavering faith in me to keep yn safe and I won't disappoint him.

He told me how he protected her from last 23 years after his son and daughter-in-law deceive. She was just 2 years old when she witnessed the cruelty of this world. Since then to the day of our marriage, he kept her hidden from every eagle eye.

And now me and skarlova have shared the United goal to protect her.

To protect his daughter.

And

My wife.

Amidst our talk, Jimin entered the office room and i cutted the call with a final nod before paying attention to him. He put the file in front of me which i asked him an hour ago and started reading with full concentration. My gaze fixed upon its contents, eyes narrowed, focusing intently on every detail, as if I was trying to decipher a hidden code. The room was filled with an air of anticipation, as the weight of the information within the file became apparent. My mind raced, analyzing the implications and potential outcomes. And then, as if a puzzle had finally been solved, a triumphant smirk spread across my face. It was a moment of victory, a testament to my sharp intellect and strategic prowess. In that instant, i knew that i had gained the upper hand, and my confidence soared. The satisfaction of unraveling the mystery within the file radiated from me, as a silent declaration of my power and dominance.

" Good job..jimin..now you know what we have to do" i said closing the file and leaning back with a smirk dangling on my face. 

Jimin nodded agreeing before pulling out the chair and sat in front of me, his face was full of unanswered questions and some kind of doubt and uncertainty clouded his mind. He wants to say something but before i could ask him he said,