Small Talk

Hey.

Sorry for the delay; it's just one thing after the other. First, my internet went down when I was upgrading it, and now work is causing problems, but not bad problems! Just problems.

Also, it's why I'm not so active on Discord at the moment. Just busy with life and all.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farsight stared at Kal'tsit from behind his desk with disappointment. If the situation weren't so serious, he would have found it humorous. It was Kal'tsit actively being scolded and not him.

'How the times have changed,' Farsight thought.

"If you have something to say, please say it, Y/n. Using my tactics against me won't work."

"No, I was just thinking. Weirdly, it's me behind the desk being all disappointed and not you," Farsight commented with a tired sigh-the 20th in the past hour.

"If it were me behind the desk, I wouldn't let my mind wander and concentrate on the problem at hand," Kal'tsit rolled her eyes at Farsight's easy-to-distract nature.

"Right, right," Farsights nods in agreement and gives her his serious expression again, "Sooo, Why did you attack W? and so brutally?"

Kal'tsit thought about it as she looked at her hands; she was allowed to wash herself up before meeting with Farsight; otherwise, her hands would have been caked in W's dry blood.

"I will admit, I lost my temper..."

*Snort*

Kal'tsit shot a glare at Farsight for his outburst.

"That's an understatement, Kelsey."

"Don't call me that!"

Farsight holds his hands up in surrender, the slight smirk on his face annoying Kal'tsit even more.

"Can't you not take anything seriously?!" Kal'tsit huffed with agitation.

"I can, but I can be light-hearted simultaneously."

Kal'tsit doesn't even bother to reply as she looks away.

"Why'd you do it? Usually, you would let Mon3tr do the dirty work, but from what I saw from the security camera, Mon3tr disappeared after W's grenade onslaught, and only you attacked."

"Mon3tr would have been overkill; he would have cut her in half; W relies too heavily on her explosives and grenade launcher."

"And you weren't overkill?" Farsight's brow raises in curiosity, showing the video of her smashing W's skull repeatedly without any sign of remorse.

"Only a little."

"I see... You didn't answer my previous question. Why attack W at all?"

"She purposefully and knowingly harassed me in regards to our relationship and our daughter."

"Can you elaborate further?"

"W was mocking me, saying she was a better mother to Kalina and said that you and W make good-looking kids," Kal'tsit seethed outwardly at the memory.

"Kal?" Kal'tsit focused on her husband again, "No matter what W says, Kalina is our daughter, and from the pictures you have shown me of her, I can say we make good-looking kids."

Kal'tsit blushed lightly and looked away again.

"Why let W get to you at all? You know she was looking to get a rise out of you. You're not the type to fall so easily into such obvious traps."