Have we Angered A God

Hey there!

I'm working the weekend, so after this chapter, I will try to squeeze one more chapter in before the end of Friday. 

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you like it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had searched everywhere, every room, every vent, every possible place a person could be and beyond even the base itself. There was no sign of Lady Agenta, Mal-Mal or the Sankta employees. They have all just upped and vanished.

The Seneschal thought it was illogical for something like that to happen without anyone noticing, but he could no longer accept that reasoning. He doesn't know how or why, but someone or something had played them all like puppets dancing to a tune. 

An entire base of intelligent, skilled and experienced individuals unknowingly running around like dogs to the manipulations and whims of their owner. Seneschal was never a man to be afraid, but being toyed with like that? that was not natural. They were played by something he doubted any of them could comprehend. It made him shudder.

The Seneschal was again back in the command centre, simultaneously overlooking the clean-up and Search operations. After regaining his mind from whatever had trapped them all. He and the command centre staff rushed back to where it all began to look for Lady Agenta but could not find her anywhere. She had not joined them in their 'battle.' 

All security camera footage was extensively checked by every tech expert and anyone with a sharp eye they could spare, and what they saw made their skin crawl in fear and alarm. 

There were no 'enemies' as they thought. There was nothing. Entire divisions rushing around to prepare for an attack suddenly stopped in their tracks and stood there unmoving. They were doing nothing.

The response teams roaming the corridors started shooting at walls randomly with no reason or tactical sense until they stopped moving like the divisions that had gone silent. Everyone from kitchen staff to the guards putting on their equipment stopped whatever they were doing across the base, staring blankly in whatever direction they happened to be looking at the time. 

The Seneschal thought it was like something out of a Horror movie. Everything about it was beyond creepy and wrong. Even the most veteran individuals among them looked disturbed at the footage. The whole base stands ramrod straight, staring blankly at nothing. The command Centre receives the same treatment. One moment they coordinated all divisions in the base's defence, and everyone suddenly went quiet and stood straight out of nowhere. 

What baffled everyone that witnessed the security footage was what came next. An entire base standing around, silent and unmoving, suddenly moves as one and starts rushing to the massive Hanger. No shouts or screams. They were all silent as they ran. Arriving at the Hanger, they assembled a giant barricade and took cover behind it. The teamwork involved was unnatural. They were like an Ant colony. That's when the screams and gunshots came, breaking the nightmarish silence. They started shooting and screaming at nothing like they were fighting for their lives.

The Seneschal knew something had arrived at their base. But, it was not their friend, whatever it was. Everyone on base was tired and scared. Paranoid was an understatement. He wouldn't be sleeping well for a while, he thinks.

Breaking out of his troubled and wary thoughts, he addressed his staff that had returned to the command centre. "Are there any updates?" Only to receive "No, Seneschal" from everyone. 

"Keep looking; They have to be here!" The Seneschal knows that may not be true. After everything he has seen today. Anything could be possible. 

"Sir," Comes a familiar voice near him. He turns to see Youngblood back in the room with him. He was sent to medical after being violently sick after they regained their senses. A few of them were ill.