Battle Won

Hey!

The final chapter of this Arc!

I have to work most of the week, so I will begin the next Arc chapter on Sunday and carry on as usual from Wednesday onward. So three days working, one day off, two days working, you get it.

Thanks for the support and votes.

Let us get to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Cough, Cough*

"Ugh! what happened?."

"H-Hello?"

"Help!"

At the base of the Chernobog control tower, coughing and whimpering shouts for help could be heard amongst the ash and cinders of the last Reunion holdout. Fire, smoke and fumes filled the surroundings as pieces of the once mighty control tower greeted Reunion that had raised themselves from the ash-covered floor.

Whatever had attacked them had done so quickly and effectively. One moment they held back a literal green tide of soldiers and then to the sky, suddenly turning against them and raining fire down upon the unsuspecting defenders.

"Get up and keep fighting!" The parched voice of a Reunion Caster leader came as she used her Arts on an opponent passed an ash and smoke cloud other Reunion soldiers couldn't see.

One Reunion soldier crawled slowly back to his previous dugout position and grabbed the dirty, slightly worn machine gun given to him before the battle began. He didn't know where they found firearms, but he wouldn't argue.

He placed the large gun onto the rubble and loaded the weapon clumsily due to his minimal experience with firearms. He could only see shapes in the distance getting closer, so in an amateurish fashion, he sprayed the area desperately. Unfortunately, those same shapes in the distance quickly dived to the ground.

The distinctive buzz sound of his weapon could be heard across the smoky battlefield

The distinctive buzz sound of his weapon could be heard across the smoky battlefield. Many Reunion had risen from the ash and rubble and returned to their positions. However, many dugouts remain empty as Reunion soldiers lay dead from the airstrike only minutes before. Plenty had been crushed by tower sections that had collapsed on them.

The shouts of the Enclave soldiers closing in slowly could be heard. Reunion was still desperate and throwing everything they had at their aggressors; their morale was all but spent. None had seen even one of the main Leaders of Reunion since the battle had begun. Where was Leader Talulah or Patriot? Where was W or Frostnova?

They had nowhere to run now, and most were too zealous to Reunion to consider surrendering. Some of the Older Reunion soldiers knew they were doomed, but the younger ones still preached how it was only a matter of time before help arrived. How naive.