Sleepyhead

Hey

Thanks for your patience. 

The next ARC has begun!

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young Sankta girl no more than 12 was walking down the streets of Laterano carrying a bag of supplies home for her parents. Her scruffy white hair bounced happily with a cute little halo, making her hair shine as she dodged passers-by through the busy streets.

Throughout the journey, the only thing being talked about was the fighting and chaos in Lungmen, but most ended up talking about the reveal of a Living Saint. Of course, the little Sankta knew what a Living Saint was, but to see one in her lifetime was like a storybook!

Her parents talked non-stop about the Saint, but their faces twisted in worry every time they watched the news. They looked even more afraid when they watched the local news, though they kept whispering to each other when they thought she wasn't around. She didn't know why they were worried tho! Living Saints were good! 

As the little Sankta walked, she came to a sudden halt and stared across the street at a burnt-out building. The pure white apartment block with golden trim was charred black. The light from within could only be daylight, and the whole building was a shell of its former self. There were statues at its base, statues of Gun-Knights, but each statue had been pulled down, and most had shattered on the once pristine street floor. 

She quickly left the scene, never seeing something like that before, and promptly rushed home as soon as her tiny legs could carry her. The little Sankta lived close to the busy streets, making the journey easy for her. In the distance, the sounds of gunfire and cracks of muffled explosions could be heard, making the ground shake faintly.

She soon found herself entering her home in freight from the distant noises. Unfortunately, there wasn't a shooting range close to her house; even if there were, it would be in a muffled secure area where the noise wouldn't carry across the streets. Mom and Dad had taken her to see a shooting range many times! There shouldn't be noises like that outside those areas!

She entered the house and called out.

"Mom, I'm back!" 

"..."

"Mom?"

Before she can say anymore, she is grabbed from behind, making her scream and quickly pulled into the kitchen. She sees her Sankta mother frantically packing things into a few bags. She looks on in fright at her, panicked. Finally, the person behind her lets her go and squats at her eye level. It was her father!

"Don't worry, sweetheart; Everything will be fine!" Her Sankta father smiled at her, but it looked forced as he ruffled her messy hair and quickly entered the other room, leaving her still holding the supplies she had just brought.

"Gabby? Did you get the supplies? Well done!" Her Mother said with a pretty but worried smile as she looked over at her daughter and grabbed them from the little Sankta called Gabby, shoving them quickly into another rucksack.

"Honey! here!" Father returned to the room wearing a vest with many ammo pouches and handed Mom an assault rifle. Mom's gun that Gabby always wanted to shoot for herself.

Gabby stood there shaking as she watched her parents load their weapons with grim worried expressions etched on their faces. Then, finally, her father looked at her and smiled faintly. He walked over, holding something In his hands and quickly strapped it across her body.