Stand With Me

Hey

This chapter was meant for tomorrow evening, but I completed it tonight. Enjoy

I will try and create another chapter for tomorrow before work on Monday and Tuesday.

Back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Squad leader and the soldiers that had accompanied Farsight into the sewers had to back away once they heard their leader whisper 'Mephisto' with an understandable amount of hatred and ire. 

But the real reason for the new amount of space between Farsight and the soldiers was because Farsight was no longer glowing. Instead, he was starting to shine a bright yellow/gold that was getting brighter and brighter. 

Any advantage they had in a surprise attack was lost when the whole battlefield noticed a shining figure standing at the entrance to a pipe a few meters off the ground looking down at them all.

Before either side could react, the shining figure shot forward at high speed and into the mass of grotesque Reunion soldiers. The Enclave soldiers shielded their vision as best they could. Unfortunately, the brightness was too much for their helmets to handle. Enclave forces backed up and away from the Reunion horde while they were too busy staring at the bright unknown figure before them. Enclave was not aware of this being and hoped it was friendly. 

Reunion received the full fury of this shining entity as it landed in the centre of their force. All those lucky enough to be close enough to the entity's impact had been vaporised instantly by the intense heat coming off the being in golden waves.

The glow of the entity had dimmed, and all could see a male figure in the most beautiful and ornate armour any of them had ever seen. Glorious wings unfurled from his back, and a glowing halo appeared behind his head. The dank, musky atmosphere of the massive chamber had been removed by the uncorrupted nature of the holy being that stood before them all. 

The Enclave soldiers stared at the figure in the distance with wide eyes as it hovered amongst the foul Reunion forces. Reunion stared up at the glowing golden figure with wide, terrified eyes. This being screamed danger to all of them, no matter how corrupted or mentally unstable they were.

"Enclave! Fight by my side!" The hovering Saint shouted in absolute authority making all soldiers want to race to his side but refused to move forward.  

The Enclave forces were shocked by the familiar voice, unsure if this was who they honestly thought it was—the Enclave were uncertain of what to do, which showed by their slow reaction. 

The Squad leader that had followed Farsight through the sewers, still crouching in the pipe above the battlefield, saw the little movement of the uncertain Enclave soldiers. He decided to stand tall and help their leader the only way he could. 

"Soldiers of the Enclave! Protect Commander Farsight at all costs!!" The squad leader shouted as loud as he could, making his voice crack, and all Enclave forces below tore their eyes away from Farsight and stared up at their fellow Enclave member, pointing at the hovering Saint. 

All eyes once again turned to the now-identified Farsight in realisation. Then, without warning, every Sankta in the Enclave forces on the ground level rushed forward and charged with overzealous determination into the few Reunion between them and their Saintly leader. They were cutting down and blasting every Reunion soldier that stood in their way. 

Such a quick and determined response by the Sankta inspired the rest of the Enclave forces and quickly followed them into the Nurgle-blessed Reunion. Once, the battlefield looked like a stalemate, but now it had turned into a fierce charge of unstoppable pride and zealously.