Opportunity

Hey, let us get straight to it.

I debated the path I was going with this—so many options.

I think I got it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n is walking along a busy road at sunrise, Backpack over one shoulder, outstretched arm and thumb stuck out, trying to attract a driver to stop, hoping for a lift. Nomad cities may move, but roads are still essential across the land. 

He was watching the oncoming traffic as he walked. Rhodes Island surely would know he was gone by now; it's only been a few hours. They may have sent scouts to track him down. 

Y/n needed a weapon, and soon, This was not a scenario to be unarmed and vulnerable. He was thinking about his plan; he was unsure of what path he should take. At first, he wanted to go to Lungmen and call in a favour from Penguin logistics. Emperor owed him one, but he knew Kal'tsit would anticipate him going there. 

He was also owed a favour from Texas, the Lupo who works with Emperor. He could call her. She was always willing to help him, even though she struggled to maintain eye contact with him when she could see his face. Her ears twitched adorably when he smiled at her.  

 As Y/n was walking and thinking about Texas, he failed to notice a large black six-wheeled Truck coming in from behind, slowing down before making a gentle stop. He finally saw headlights from behind him and the squeak of its breaks. 

He Whirled around to approach the vehicle and thank them for a lift before stopping and started to notice the intimidating Truck that had parked behind him. 

Y/n, the former Doctor of Rhodes Island, instinctively backed up from this unknown vehicle

Y/n, the former Doctor of Rhodes Island, instinctively backed up from this unknown vehicle. Headlights dimmed but were still bright, obscuring his vision. He could only see a large door on its side open and a dark figure emerging. He knew this was no civilian vehicle; This was a military spec truck; of who? Y/n doesn't know. He can't see any markings on its sleek black body. 

The feminine figure walks to the front of the Truck with a graceful stride. Y/n can see this woman is not someone to be taken lightly. He doubts she is alone in a vehicle of that size. Any wrong move could devolve into a fight, and without a weapon, what chance does he have? 

He watches as her hand raises above her head and signals to the Truck behind, and without delay, the headlights turn off, letting Y/n finally get a good look at the figure.

He would admit that she was beautiful in a Kal'tsit kind of way. But her severe and cold face was giving him flashbacks, honestly.