The Next Arc

Hey!

The Next Arc is now starting.

I only have today off, so the next chapter will be either Wednesday or Thursday. See if work wants to kill me or not. Considering how exhausted I am. I might take Wednesday as a purely rest day.

Back to it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chernobog is ours. The city has taken catastrophic damage, and we will begin to repair its ability to move so that relocation will be possible." - Message from Mal-Mal.

"Over 800 Reunion deserters have scattered in all directions from the fallen city, Will begin the hunt. Be advised that Reunion Leaders Frostnova and W have been making their way to Lungmen." - Message from Agenta.

Two messages popped up on Farsight's display, reading them multiple times before smiling to himself. "Looks like they did it."

Unsure what to think about Frostnova and W surviving, W had already made it clear she wants him dead for past actions he has yet to remember. However, once she enters the city, he will know and take action as required.

"Commander! I'm ready for tomorrow." Misha barges into his room with an excited step but a nervous expression.

Farsight and his Division have taken control of a run-down factory building in the Lungmen slums. Not the prettiest building, but with some TLC and technology, it is a far cry from the rest of the slums. Unfortunately, the outside has not changed. Anyone who sees it will only ever see it as a decaying building.

"Misha! Nock, damn it!" Farsight shouts in surprise

"Ah, sorry, Commander, hehe."

"*Sigh* it's okay, no harm done."

"What's wrong, Commander?" Misha asks with a questioning tilt of her head.

"If tomorrow doesn't go as planned, then Lungmen becomes an official enemy, and with Reunion infesting the city, many innocent people will get hurt," Farsight says as he looks at his display with concern.

*Snort*

Farsight's head shoots up to Misha; he looks at her with a confused glare awaiting what she thought was amusing by his statement.

"You're worried about Madam Ch'en after all you did to her, but last time I checked, Ch'en is not leading Lungmen. She can scream and hiss at you all she wants, but she won't have the final say in any negotiation. Only Chief Wei will decide, and while I dislike him, He has a cooler head than Madam Ch'en."

Farsight stares at Misha momentarily, amused by her forward-thinking, deciding to test his new Lungmen diplomat. "Could she not sway negotiations? Her voice in Wei's ear must mean something, no?"

"From what I have seen on the news and in the information packets the Enclave have given me regarding Madam Ch'en, I can safely assume that when she is angry, she is very emotionally driven and illogical. If she does 'sway' Chief Wei in some matters, then all we need is for you to make Ch'en lose her temper. Then, Ch'en will throw insults and jabs at you, which Chief Wei will openly see. He will not pass up an opportunity to negotiate with us just because Ch'en has issues with you."

Farsight is honestly impressed! Where was Misha when he was back on Rhodes? She may have given Kal'tsit a migraine. He smirks at the thought of an undignified Kal staring at Misha with a twitching eye.

"Excellent thinking, Misha!" He walks over and rubs her head, making her blush and giggle.

"*Giggle* Stop!..."