Karma?

Hey there!

The chapter was supposed to be out yesterday, but I was not feeling well and trying to sort the dentist out for a check-up.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal'tsit felt... Empty.

She was sitting in her office, dimmed lights struggling to illuminate the room, staring blankly at the computer screen—a half-drank coffee on the table.

After leaving the previous day's meeting, Kal had been sitting here most of the night, attempting to do her paperwork. Still, nothing appeared on the computer screen after hours of trying as she stared ahead with lifeless eyes. 

Her body and eyes may have failed to convey life and coherence if anyone were to see her at that moment, but her mind was anything but lifeless. 

'How could I have let everything go so wrong...' Kal'tsit thought.

From amnesia, which she never even considered, to treating Y/n poorly, driving him away, an act she never believed he would do, why would she? As far as she knew, the doctor had nothing else outside Rhodes Island.

It was all her fault. She couldn't deny it, even if her pride screamed at her to deny it every moment she continued to dwell on it. 

Kal'tsit had found herself questioning if she should have stayed with her previous husband instead of running away with Y/n, but that thought quickly died, remembering the man she once had to call her husband before Y/n.

She shuddered at the thought; what would she be like now if she had stayed with that man? 

She would be a trophy wife, popping out as many children as he wanted to use them for his agenda: no freedom, happiness, or life. A beautiful Lynx wasting away in the bowels of some mansion to show off to the wealthy elite when called. 

Kal'tsit tensed, and her spine burned at the mere thought of it. 

Y/n was always the better choice, no matter how Kal'tsit thought about it... What was the saying? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

Y/n appeared in her life and showed her what being a girl in love meant. He saved her from a marriage and a man she despised, but she still ended up being the one that became unfaithful.

Perhaps everything that was happening was catching up to her, Karma, maybe? 

Her friendship with Y/n soon became a relationship that began with secret meetings after dark and quick kisses in empty rooms and corridors. A forbidden romance that quickly became sexual in nature until both Y/n and herself no longer wished to hide and decided to run away. 

Yes... Karma.

Kal'tsit wasn't superstitious; she was logical, but nothing about what she has done regarding her ex-husband and Y/n was logical. Everything turned against her, including her attitude towards Y/n when he returned.

For all of her ex-husband's flaws, she was the one that cheated on him. She was the one that betrayed him.

She was the one that killed him. 

Weeks after She and Y/n ran away together, her ex-husband tracked them down with the connections and wealth she so willingly left behind. Finding the Lynx on her own and confronting her, He knew of her infidelity and even had the spine to look betrayed and hurt.

But when she refused to return with him? When threatened to kill Y/n? 

Kal'tsit snapped. 

Her mind went dark, and her eyes faded to red. Kal'tsit hadn't even realised what she had done before it was too late. She found herself crouching over her ex's bloodied and gasping form as he struggled to breathe, a sizeable jagged piece of metal sticking out of his chest that she had firmly clutched in her bloodied hand.