Angry Lung Noises

Hey!

I am working tomorrow, so I will have a chapter out for Friday. 

Let's get back into it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amiya and her group had been led up to the top floor of the impressive building and in front of Chief Wei's large office doors. Without any moment to get their bearings, Ch'en strode forwards and opened the doors without knocking. 

Wei lifted his head from his paperwork and smiled at Ch'en but raised an eyebrow at who had followed her into the room. Then, he decided to sit back in his chair and pull out his pipe again, awaiting yet another amusing conversation to take place. 

"Miss Amiya and colleagues? I wasn't aware of any meeting happening today" Wei puffs his pipe with an amused look. 

Amiya came to stand in front of Wei's desk, and her operators came to stand behind her. Ch'en again moved around the desk and stood near Wei, although this time, she seemed to be at more of a distance from him. 

"Chief Wei, I hoped to speak to the Enclave on sensitive matters. But, unfortunately, I guess they are no longer here?" Amiya asks, hoping they are here but already know the answer; they all did. 

"You only missed them by a few minutes, Miss Amiya," Wei puffs. 

"I thought you would say that... Did Farsight come? Did he mention the Dokutah?" Amiya asked.

"Farsight was not present, but the one talking on his behalf was an Ursus girl called Misha," Wei informed politely. 

"Misha?!" Amiya exclaimed in shock; operators behind her looked surprised by the revelation. Amiya turned to Ch'en as if to confirm. Ch'en nodded her head. 

"Indeed, she wasn't happy in LGD custody, so the Enclave recruited her, it seems," Wei smirks.

"Maybe if we can speak to Misha, we could make her see reason and talk to us? Then, once Chernobog is returned from Reunion to Ursus, it can be rebuilt, and she could return with our help and support," Amiya tried to reason with herself but stopped when she heard an amused laugh of Wei. 

Amiya looked confused; Ch'en glared at Wei. The other operators looked surprised and unhappy at Wei, who thought he was laughing at Amiya's naive outlook. 

"Something amusing, Chief Wei?" Dobermann asks strictly. 

"Heheh...The fact that you don't know that Chernobog is gone." Wei states that it's supposed to be common knowledge. 

"Gone?" Perfumer asks politely. 

"The Farsight Enclave exterminated every Reunion member in the city. They flattened the entire city to its foundation and then stole the entire thing. It has now vanished; none of our scouts could find it. We only found mass graves where Chernobog used to be." Wei announces matter-of-factly.

Everyone, including Ch'en, looked at Wei, horrified. 

"What?!" Amiya shouted in horror.

"The leader of that group? What did you call her? Talulah? She and most of her other leaders were reportedly killed in the city's second fall." Wei mentioned casually with a puff from his pipe. 

Everyone looks pale from these revelations. 

"How do we know this is accurate?" Nearl cuts in. 

"I will have someone send the body-cam footage of our scouts to Rhodes Island." Wei offers.