A Life Forever Changed

Hey!

A longer chapter to make up for the other, shorter one. Enjoy!

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tex?" 

"*Sigh* what is it, Exusiai...." Texas sighed as Exusiai interrupted her concentration for the 6th time since leaving the safe house, Texas not taking her eyes off the road as she replied.

"You grip that steering wheel any tighter, you'll snap it off," Exusiai looked at Texas in worry as the Lupo had not relaxed even once after making their way towards Rhodes Island outside Lungmen.

Texas could see Exusiai stare at her in the corner of her eye but continued to stare at the road, which was relatively quiet due to still being early. Then, she pulled a pocky out of her jacket, put it in her mouth like a cigarette, and began to nibble on it slowly, savouring the chocolate taste. 

"Your hand is shaking." Exusiai points out, making Texas sigh in annoyance. Her hands were shaking slightly. Nerves were getting the better of her.

"It's early, that's all. I didn't get much sleep..." 

"*Snort* Uh huh..." Exusiai said disbelievingly, not buying the cheap excuse but decided to fold her arms and stare at the passing scenery before looking at her phone. If Texas wanted to play ignorant with her, then fine!

The rest of the car ride was somewhat awkward and quiet. Nothing more was said between the two.

~

"Dr Kal'tsit... I'm glad you're doing well" Amiya smiled at Kal'tsit as she entered the meeting room, happy to see her mentor back at work and not moping around in her room and office.

"Thank you, Amiya. Unfortunately, I must give the most credit for my recovery to Warfarin." 

"I'm sitting right here..." Warfarin pouted at Kal'tsit for her quip.

"So you finally got over Dr Y/n?" Blaze asked casually with a grin but received only an eye twitch from the quiet Lynx that stared straight at her. Amiya came to sit next to Blaze and kicked her ankle hard.

*Gah!* What!?" Blaze turned to see Amiya glaring disapprovingly at her. 

Blaze huffed in annoyance and spoke again. "I didn't mean anything by it! Just asking if she has got over a funk, that's all!" 

Warfarin looked like she had just sucked a lemon. Dr Y/n, or Farsight, as he now called himself, was still a sore topic of Kal'tsit and the answer to Blaze's question. 

Was no.

Kal'tsit was very much hung up on her husband. No matter what Warfarin did, Kal'tsit always had Farsight on her mind. Even now, Kal was doing very well at hiding it, but she was old and wise enough to know that Kal'tsit was seething and moping.

Everyone around the table, which Warfarin looked over very briefly, was Kal'tsit, Amiya, Blaze, Nearl, Silence, Closure and Ptilopsis, who decided to stand behind Silence.

Everyone stared at Blaze for asking a poorly thought-out question or at Kal'tsit in worry.

"Speaking of Farsight, were the reports true? Farsight was seen leaving the Penguin Logistics safe house?" Silence asked the group, very interested in meeting Farsight again. The technology he was showing off was putting everyone else to shame, so what possible avenues could their technology have in curing Oripathy? 

"He...What?" Kal'tsit looked at her in barely concealed surprise. 

Warfarin facepalmed. Was this meeting about Farsight? If so, then why did Amiya want Kal'tsit here!? Everyone could see the possibilities churning in Kal's mind, doubtful any of it was good.