Making An Entrance

Hey,

The chapter was a mess last night. So many mistakes, but I think I found them all.

Let us get into it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young, well-built Forte man called Sam was holding a sizeable shoulder-mounted T.V. Camera and yawned. They had been up since dawn recording scenes of the escalating chaos around Lungmen. He and his work colleague, a Lung woman in her early thirties with a green tail and horns, were the group's reporter.

Li Zhao, the pretty Lung, was straightening out her clothes for another report to be made on the conflict in their city. They were part of the L.N.N. (Lungmen.News.Network). It wasn't the most significant News outlet, but they weren't small either. Both she and her Camera operator had been assigned to reporting events but not on live T.V., much to their annoyance.

"Hey! Li, thirty seconds!" Her Forte Camera operator called.

She stood up straight with a handheld mic in hand and put on her best smile. They were protected behind a shield line of L.G.D. Officers who were standing against a very aggressive crowd. Thankfully they found an elevated position to start recording.

"Ten Seconds!"

-

-

-

Sam steadied the Camera on his shoulder and pointed it at the Smiling Lung reporter, a smile that didn't match her backdrop of Anger, screams and general chaos.

Sam gave her the three, two, and one signals then gave a thumbs up.

"Hello, Lungmen and all that tune in to our humble station. The L.N.N."

"I am your Reporter Li Zhao for this update on the current volatile situation here in our beloved city of Lungmen."

She steps to the side and gestures back and forth between The L.G.D. and the rioters.

"As you can see behind me, the situation over the past few weeks has worsened with no signs of slowing down. Large parts of the street and shops have been damaged; this is only one example of dozens, possibly more, that have been damaged with no regard for the lively hoods of innocent people."

Li looks back at the Camera. "All attempts to disperse the crowd have failed, but Madam Ch'en of the L.G.D has stated that she will continue to look for alternate methods."

Sam pointed behind her with a look of worry as Li continued talking into the Camera, catching her attention and making her look behind her and gasp.

"Oh no!... a young woman has emerged from a side street, right between both groups. She needs to leave quickly before something- How despicable! Someone from the crowd has just thrown something at her! Sam, are you getting this?" Li asks as Sam nods a yes to her in reply.

"Are the L.G.D going to help her, or are they going to do nothing and stare at the poor thing!..." Li looks back at the Camera with a grimace, her smile forgotten.

The Camera that Sam was holding suddenly picked up a bolt of blue sail across the street and into the stomach of a rioter.

"Holy shit!" Sam shouts Getting Li's Attention. Li turns to see the dead man fall to the ground.

"Oh my... something just killed that rioter in front of the crowd!. Are the L.G.D. Officers backing up? Were they not responsible for this?"