Lost & Gained

Hey!

For Amiya fans. It's time she got a bit of affection.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhodes Island shuddered as it awoke. The engines roared to life, ready to move again.

The heavily wounded Exarch smiled painfully at the approaching Nian, who looked around briefly at the vibrations of the massive landslip coming back online. 

"You lose" 

Nian looked back at her wounded opponent with curiosity but approached the Exarch regardless.

"Exarch! If you can hear me, It's Pathfinder 14... The control centre and bridge have been taken. We are beginning to move!" 

The strained voice of Pathfinder 14 echoes through the intercom system of Rhodes Island, penetrating every room and space of the Landship.

"So that was your plan? Not bad," Nian chuckles, looming over her wounded prey. With a swift kick to the chest, Exarch flies back and skids across the floor with a pained gasp, feeling her ribcage shatter from the kick.

Soon after the kick, the Pathfinder's voice crackled over the intercom again.

"Exarch!? Your vital signs are dropping! Give us your location now." 

She was lying on her back, coughing blood at an alarming rate and gasping for air. The blurry-eyed Exarch stares up at the face of Nian, who stares down at her in mixed pity and empathy.

Nian raised her sword, ready to thrust into the Exarch's shattered chest but stopped when her stomach lost all feeling.

"Ugh! What!?" Nian dropped her sword in shock.

Stepping back as the sword clattered to the floor, Nian saw the damaged scorpion tail she thought useless had punctured her stomach right through the belly button.

Nian pulled out the damaged tail's stinger with a pained grunt, letting it fall to the floor with a clack and took a few more unsteady steps back, holding her stomach in pain and surprise.

"W-what!" Nian grunted, staring at the Exarch as the numb sensation spread across her torso.

The dying Exarch lay there, looking at Nian and gurgled in discomfort as blood filled her mouth.

"The fiercest predators are silent until they are about to strike and assured their prey cannot escape."

Nian was stunned but started laughing, holding her stomach in extreme pain as laughing made the pain worse for her.

"Hehehe, What would my sisters say? Hahahah, And here I thought you were boring; ugh!" 

Exarch watched as Nian fell to the floor close to her and went silent, but her ragged breathing was heard alongside Exarch's own, both awaiting whatever would come.

The howls of Banshees could be heard in the distant halls, and all stealth attempts vanished when Pathfinder 14 talked through the Rhodes Island intercom. 

Though Exarch doubted stealth was needed now.

The Exarch's vision darkened, and the last she heard was the howling of her sisters getting closer to her.

"Exarch!"

~

A few minutes earlier.

Pathfinder 14 ran through the halls, following close behind a small group of Banshees that wouldn't stop howling, his sensitive Lupo ears on the verge of bursting. However, Pathfinder knows very well why these Banshees are frenzied.