67

beside still water -2 

--------------------

"Where's the army?" I ask looking around. 

"We're still a hike away from Lake Lin." I nod "we need to hurry, we can't let Valentine reach the lake." With that we head off and begin the treck to the army base. we walk to the base in calm silence until we arrive and greet Council Malaki. "Council Malaki, Jace Herondale of the new York institute." 

"Adelina Fairchild." I state after Jace.

"I know who you are." 

"Valentine is on his way to Lake lin. He has the sword and the cup." 

"Yes, I am quite aware of Valentine's progress." Malaki states afterwards making me and Jace exchange a look. 

"We need to get to the water." 

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen." Malaki says seconds before I notice the circle rune on his neck. Those few seconds cost me far too much as I feel a needle pierce my neck and then nothing. 

---------------------

My body feels sore. 

I can't move. 

It feels like there is a fire racing through my veins. 

it hurts.

make it stop. 

make it stop.

make it stop. 

-------------------------

My eyes snap open to Jace cutting the chains binding my wrists behind my back and then stabbing someone behind me. I shoot upwards my body sore and elbow someone behind me before kicking back sending him flying. I try to summon my spear from my hands but find myself unable to. 

I only allow for a split second of panic before grabbing a blade off of a nearby body and using it to stab up into someone's chest. I then leap off a rock and stab straight through another's back, killing him instantly. 

Me and Jace both walk to where Malaki lays scared. Jace grabs his sword and ignores his pleas while he slices his neck. Afterwards I run to Jace and just hold him. "You're okay, you're okay." I nod. 

"I can't use my powers. whatever they gave me has suppressed them."

"Try turning into your angelic form, it might burn through whatever they gave you quicker." I nod at his idea and follow quickly allowing my wings to spread free from my back. "We have to go." I nod and quickly follow after. 

When we arrive at the lake it is deserted. "We got here before him." I say happily. 

"We can stop him." Jace replies just before he is forcefully turned and Valentine is there pushing a small blade through his heart. I cry out, unable to form words. 

"I'm sorry son, I had to." Valentine says before pulling out the blade causing Jace to fall. I drop to his side unable to form words.

"I'm so sorry Lina." 

"Save your breath, okay. don't say anything. You need your strength." I try and heal him only to find my powers still not working as I need them too. "No, no. It's, it's gonna be okay." I can't tell if I am trying to convince him or myself. 

"I love you." 

"Don't say that, it sounds like goodbye." I watch as his eyes start to close. "NO, don't close your eyes. Stay with me, please. I need you, I love you. Just look at me, just look at me." I feel it the moment he dies and I scream in agony and despair.