1

The mortal cup - 1

I smile as I finish off the match with Jayden, my sparing partner for this session. "Good match." I say before grabbing my drink and gulping down half the bottle in one go.

"You too Lin." Is his quick reply as I throw my towel over my shoulder and heading to the women's changing room.

After showering and putting on a white cami dress with a lace vest top on the top half and a white floral skirt that reaches half way down my thigh. I put on my white lace fingerless gloves that reach just below my elbow and heeled white boots before grabbing my stuff and walking to the closest nail boutique.

Even though I spend a majority of my life either dancing or doing martial arts I have found it is still easy to keep my nails nice and long and still fight so I always make sure to get them done often.

When I arrive at the usual place I am sat in the chair after a short wait I end up getting my usual medium/ large coffin acrylic nails, this time I get baby pink nails with white flowers and gold butterfly's on.

Once I'm done I thank the woman and pay before skipping towards the cafe me and Simon are meant to be meeting Clary after her interview.

I Get there before both of them and sit down at a table and start to draw a picture of an enchanted wood where nothing is the right colour, for example I draw one of the trees purple. I only pause when the waitress arrives to order an iced caramel latte and one of each type of cupcake they had- what can I say I have a sweet tooth and I don't need to worry about money as I anonymously record songs, I like to by myself things.

By the time Simon arrives I am allready on my third cupcake and half way through my drawing which is coming along nicely.

I smile at Simon when he walks in and wave slightly to catch his attention. Once he notices me he walks over and then takes a seat at the circular table before ordering himself a drink. "Hey Ads." He say before reaching for one of my cupcakes but I slap his hand away and pulls them all closer to myself.

"Mine." I say lowly making Simon chuckle. "Ugh um, anyway, hi Si." I say before stuffing another cupcake in my mouth.

"See, you got your nails re-done, nice choice." I blush slightly and giggle with a nod as he grabs my hand to admire my nails.

He puts my hands back down but before I can tell him thanks Clary walks in and takes all of her attention making me chest sting slightly, I've known for years that he's liked her and becuase of it I've always felt like a third wheel that they just let tag along.

As Clary gets closer Simon speaks up. "Give me the professors names and I will end them." He says and I giggle lightly.

"Yeah!" I say lightly in a joking tone adding onto Simon.

Clary gives us both a look as if to day 'really now' and I laugh at her face which makes her smile. "You know, with a scaving email to the deen." Simon continues as Clary sits down.

"Don't bother." She says sadly before Simon grabs the paper she places down and reads it, I look around his shoulder and see that she acctually got in.

"What? Sad face, really, well played well played." Simon says as we all laugh and fist bump.

"Congrats Ris."

"Thankyou, you know, its kinda crazy, they liked my assigned work but flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary says as I begin to tune their conversation out as I focus back on my drawing.

"Maybe, you ate it and didn't even notice. Happens to me all the time, and of course either happens to Adelina here too doesn't it?" I look up when Simon asks me the question.

"Huh, oh what yeah, all the time." I say not sure what I'm agreeing too but saying yes none the less.

"You tuned out again" Si says before turning to Clary. "And I will replace your mythical biscati with an actual one."

"Thankyou." Clary replies and I just giggle.

"You know what, here's to you." Si says before clink our drinks.

Once we're done I order another drink to go, a raspberry and white chocolate frapaccino before we all walk back to mine and Clary's house where Simon splits off from us to get ready for his gig that were going too, if I can convince mum to let me go that is.

As me and Clary walk into the house I rush up to the glass counter dot is standing behind to read tarot cards. "Hey dot." I say with a wide smile before Clary walks in behind me.

"How's the future looking?" She asks the older woman.

"Not as good as yours," Is dots first reply. "The tarot cards tell me you got into the advanced program." Simons twitter.

As the two start talking I go to walk away only to be stopped by Dot. "Adelina, wait I have something for you too." Dot says before handing me a box. I open it to find a beautiful necklace sitting inside. It has a silver chain and a crescent moon pendant that keeps changes colours when I touch it. "The colour changes into what you want."

I watch it turn a lovely shade of blue before Dot puts it on for me. I smile at her and say a quick, "thanks." Before heading upstairs after Clary to see mum. I quickly hug mum before going to my room.

A few minutes later there's a knock on my door before mum pushes the door open. "Hey honey."

"Hi mum." I say as I finish styling my hair. I French braided to top part back before tying it in a bun and leaving the rest of my hair in its natural curls going down my back. "Can I go out with Clary and Simon tonight, please."

For some reason mu mum's always been more overprotective over me than Clary even though I'm the one that been doing martial arts training since practically birth. Nevertheless, I am shocked when she just smiles and nods. "But first I want to give you this." She says as she holds out a black box I open it to find a metal and crystal thing lying inside. "It's a stele, keep it on you at all times." She says and I nod.

"K mum, will do." I say as I put the stele through my bun and secure to make sure it doesn't come out. Mum just smiles at me before walking out the room as I finish getting ready to go out.

"Adelina, we're going." Clary shouts up the stairs.

"Coming." I shout back before grabbing my stuff and rushing downstairs to see Clary and Simon by the door waiting for me. I smile at mum to say goodbye before leaving.