28

Parabatai lost -1

I feel my tears start streaming down my face as I summon the snake from on my left calf I did ages ago and send it off to find Jace before turning to the wolf beside me. "I'm Adelina Fairchild, nice to meet you." I say with a smile despite my sudden tears. "are you okay?" I ask carefully after remembering what happened to her before we got out as Emma dives into the water but my bubble of energy keeps us from getting wet. 

"I'm fine. My name's Gretel, you're the one from the prophecy aren't you? Leo's mate?" She asks and my eyes widen. 

"Yeah, you know Leo?" I ask curiously. 

"We're both apart of Luke Garraway's pack. so yeah I know him." Me and Gretel keep talking as we ride Emma all the way to the pier where we climb off. Emma shrinks and for a second I think she is going to become a drawing on my skin but she flies straight into my right eye and for a few seconds I can't see out of it. "Woah." I turn to look at Gretel. "Your eye its now silver, pink, purple and blue all mixed together. 

I gently touch my eye lid before shaking my head. "Come on." I say as I head up to the Jade wolf before us. "Luke, Leo, anyone?" I call out. 

"Adelina?" I hear a voice I know well shout from a building opposite the Jade wolf. "Ad's I'm in here." I hear Simon shout and I turn around to find Simon standing in the darkness and I run up to hug him. "Oh thank god you're alright." He says into my hair. 

"Adelina." I hear the voice of Leo say before arms wrap around me from behind as his front pushes into my back pushing me further into Simon. "I was going crazy with worry, so much so that I wasn't even bothered by the vamp." He says and I feel tears of relief roll down my cheek. 

"I love you both." I say softly just as I feel Simon's fang's scraping against my neck. 

"Sorry, they come out when I'm emotional." He says as he goes to pull away however I just hold him tighter. 

"Its okay, I know you won't hurt me." I say with a smile before I lean up and kiss his lips for the first time. I lean into him and I feel Leo's body follow my movements as he begins to kiss down my neck and the feeling is euphoric. when I pull away my eyes slowly my eyes flutter open. "I've got to get to the institute, I will see you both soon." The two of them nod and pull away from me and I turn to Gretel. I grab a pen and paper from my bag and write my number and hand it to her with a smile before walking out only to be called back by Leo.

"angel wait up." I pause and turn around to face him. "You should know there is a new head of the institute and currently down-worlders are banned from the institute." I feel myself well up with fury and annoyance and I press my lips to Leo's to calm down. 

"Thankyou for telling me. I will see you soon and know that I love you." I say before rushing off once again. Realizing it was taking too long I cover myself in energy to become invisible and fly to the institute. just before I walk in I feel the snake find Jace and fade into his skin. I sigh then I walk in I find my mother staring at me. "Mum?" I ask in shock before I run up and hug her. "I've missed you." 

"I've missed you too Ads, I'm so glad you're alright. Where have you been?" She asks and before I can answer a different voice I don't recognize speaks up. 

"Yes we are all curious, come we can talk in my office." I am assuming this must be the new head of the institute. 

"That will have to wait, I need to see Alec and message Raphael and Magnus so they know I'm okay." I say quickly. "Where is he?" 

"Ads, Alec he was trying to help me find you and something went wrong he's in a bad way." My eyes widen as my heart rate picks and I don't think I just run in the direction I know he will be. 

I fling the door to Alec's room open to find Magnus and Alec. "Alec." I call out as I rush to his side and grab his hand in both of mine. I try to use energy to heel him only to find it doesn't work. "Mag's what's wrong with him? He'll be okay right?" I ask with tears streaming down my face.

Magnus comes around and pulls me into his lap as he kisses the top of my head. "Don't worry Kitten, he's a fighter." Magnus says and I nod in agreement. "He tried to use the Parbati bond to track Jace in the hopes it would also lead to you but part of his soul got lost between him and Jace, he need's Jace to bring it back." 

"Or?" I ask. 

"Or he's not going to make it."