66

beside still water -1

------------------------

when we get back to the institute I have managed to collect myself and I have quickly shower and change my clothes before rushing to the med bay to heal Jace. When I arrive he is already partially dressed and trying to heal himself so I push his hands away and start doing it myself. "You don't have to heal all of them al once." 

"Valentine is still out there." I say in response and continue. 

"Hey, well, at least we got Jonathan right?" I pause and take a breath before nodding slightly repressing the memories of the day. 

"If Izzy were one second later, you would've." I look Jace in the eyes fighting back tears. "You would be." 

"People die in war love." 

"My mum, and dot, now Jonathan. I can't, I can't loose you, I can't loose any of you." 

"You're not the only person afraid of loosing someone." 

"I'm tired of being afraid. I'm tired of loosing things to him. I lost my childhood, I lost my mother and I lost my brother. I won't loose anything else to him." Jace doesn't say anything and instead just presses his lips to mine. 

"And we'll ensure that you don't." I smile sadly before sitting up and grabbing his hand. "Where are we going?" 

"Just come on." I drag him all the way to Alec's room and knock on the door before entering, finding Alec only half dressed. "Can we stay here with you tonight?" I ask from the doorway. Alec just nods and holds his arms out for me. I run forwards and throw myself at him, wrapping my legs around his waist. 

I hear both my shadowhunter mates laugh as Alec maneuvers us into bed and Jace joins shortly afterwards creating a little cuddle pile in the middle of the bed, making me feel like a child again. "Do you want to talk about it?" Alec asks me and I just shake my head. 

"Do you?" I look up into my eyes wondering if he's ready to properly get into everything about Magnus and instantly know he's not as he shakes his own head at me. I just nod and rest my head on his chest as Jace curls himself around me from behind before drifting off to sleep. 

-------------------

when I wake up Jace is gone, the bed going cold, but Alec is still there holding onto me tightly. I just smile allowing the peace of the moment wash over me. I don't move as I watch Alec's eyes flutter slightly before opening, widening seeing me awake and watching him. "You're beautiful when you sleep." 

"As are you." I smile and lay my head back down on his chest. 

"I wish we didn't have to get up. That in this moment we could just be regular humans waking up for life and work. Or at least didn't have to worry about my maniac father trying to kill all of the people I love." 

"Unfortunately we don't always get our wish." I just nod. 

"Shower with me?" I ask innocently causing a fierce blush to rush up Alec's cheeks causing me to chuckle. "I don't want to be alone, even for a moment." 

"And how could I deny you that." I smirk and throw the covers off allowing the cold air to assault our bodies before rushing into Alec's en-suite bathroom with a soft laugh. Alec following shortly after. 

After a relaxing shower I throw on one of Alec's plain t-shirts that honestly reaches just above my knees and decide to just get a pair of heeled boots, fishnet tights, a black leather jacket and a belt from the bracelet Cas gave me. I smile at the finished result before turning to face Alec to see if he was dressed only to find him still in a towel watching me dress. I just laugh and kiss his cheek before walking back into the bedroom to wait for him.