39

love is a devil -3

I feel my heart shatter into a million pieces, the Simon I know wouldn't do this to me. I feel tears come to my eyes when I see he is about to kiss her and I turn away and head to the door. "Hey what's going on Kitten?" Magnus asks and I turn to him with watery eyes and hug him.

"Simon was just kissing another girl." I say in-between sobs.

"that doesn't sound like Simon, are you sure you haven't had too much Sangria, its strong, I made sure of it." He says and I sigh and pull away before wiping my eyes.

"I haven't had anything to drink." I say before taking a deep breath. "But I think I'm gonna go get one." I step away only to hear a voice in my head.

"It's not real, it's all in your head." I hear a voice I don't recognize say in my head and know it must be another angel. "I am the arch angel Michael." I hear the voice continue and I nod.

"pleasure to speak with you Michael, but I have to go and see the birthday boy. thankyou for telling me its not real." I respond back quickly.

"You're welcome blessed child." I hear Michael say before he leaves my head.

I head outside to find Alec, Max, Maryse and Magnus on the balcony. I watch Magnus give Max his present and smile. "Time for my gift." I say with a smile before bending down before Max. "Max, what is your favorite animal?" I ask the boy.

"A lion." He responds instantly and I laugh.

"Magnus could you get me my drawing pad please?" I ask and Magnus nods before clicking his fingers making my book appear in his hand. "Now are you sure?" I ask Max and he nods. I just smile and find a drawing on a lion and make it come to life.

"Woah." Max says and I smile. The lion circles Max once before leaping at his back and fading into his skin.

"This lion will always be there to protect you. congratulations on getting your first rune." I say before stepping away. Max nods before turning back to Magnus.

"Where's your warlock mark?" the young boy asks.

"Max." Alec scolds.

"You were just as curious at his age." Maryse says to her eldest son.

"Its okay, I only share it with my closest friends." Magnus says before showing the boy his cat eyes making him jump.

"How much of you is a demon?" He asks and I frown.

"Max, enough that's not how we treat our friends." Jace scolds his brother as he also walks out and I walk over to him and wrap my arm around his waist. "Apologize to Magnus."

"You can't tell me what to do." Max exclaims.

"hey just because you are getting your first rune doesn't mean you can talk to your brother like that." Alec says with an undertone of annoyance

"Jace isn't my brother." The young boy says and I can tell that I shouldn't be here. I peck Jace on the cheek before grabbing Magnus's hand and pulling him away with me. We both walk away and I quickly find myself with a drink in my hand.

I let out a laugh before turning away from Magnus to go and find Simon. I find him in the corner and for a few seconds it looks like he is kissing Mya and I freeze and close my eyes forcing the truth out and find Simon standing and talking with a shadowhunter. I pause and turn sharply to find Magnus. "Mags." I say quickly and said man comes over.

"What's up kitten?"

"I keep seeing things that aren't real, Mags." I say and he nods and looks around before looking back at me.