17

bad blood -2

after Lydia finishes speaking I leave and go to my room to get changed. I put on a navy blue dress that reaches above my knees. The sides were scrunched up with bows on the ends that had slit across the middle showing off my stomach and it had short sleeves. I also threw on over the knees black heeled boots and black lace gloves with a single ring around my middle finger and no fingers on them. I also redo my hair in the same style as I had it the day before.

I then grab my bag and walk into the main room just as Alec starts talking about the attack on the jade wolf making me rush over. "How about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate, I'm sure this is linked-" Maryse is saying when I walk over. 

"Valentine." Lydia cuts in. "I need to see for myself." She continues before turning and walking away. "Are you coming or what?" She asks and Alec goes to follow her. 

I grab Alec's hand and fall into step beside him. "I will be coming as well. Luke is like a father to me and down-worlder business is my business." I say matter of factly before we each walk out of the institute in calm silence as we walked to the Jade wolf. 

"I can see why all the girls in Idris are clamoring to meet you." Lydia says as we walk making my heart fill with anger. 

"What do you mean?" I ask in a snarl. 

"rumor has it your looking to settle down, get married." Lydia says and I feel my heart stop along with my feet. 

"What?" I ask as I feel tears come to my eyes. "What is she going on about Alexander?" I ask desperately hoping its not true. "You're my mate why would you get married to anyone else?" I ask not being able to take so much bad news in one day. 

"It's not my idea or my intention love, my parents thought that the bond may be purely platonic which its not and simply wanted to marry me off to build status." I feel my heart start beating again as my anger for his parents reaches higher than the moon as I keep walking, my arms now tightly wrapped around his and refusing to let go. what can I say, I'm clingy and possessive. 

"I see, my apologies, I was not aware you were mates." Lydia says but I'm no longer listening and am instead pushing energy into one of my butterflies which flies from my back and lands on my bun where it rests. 

when we walk in the place is ruined and there is a body on the floor but my attention is focused on one of the people in the room. the second my eyes lock on his I know he is another one of my mates. he seems to be my age (17) maybe a year older and has chocolate brown and and a matching pair of eyes.- Tom Holland- and holds a cheeky grin on his face making me smile. "Hi, I'm Leonardo but you can call me Leo." He says as he takes hand and kisses the back of it. 

"Adelina." I say with a smile. I notice Alec and Lydia heading to leave and sigh. I get out a pen and write my number on his arm. "I've got to go, call me okay." I say before I peck his cheek and head out following Alec and Lydia to the institute where we split off. I go back to my room where I find my laptop before going and finding a quiet place outside where I can work, It has been a few months since I published my last book. hopefully I can make a similar amount to the last few. 

I don't pay attention to what I'm writing or how long it takes but when I finally do stop I have written the first twenty two pages of my story. I only stop when I hear the ringing of my phone. I answer it quickly. "Hello?" 

"Lin, hey, its me Leo." the sound of my newly discovered mate fills my ears and makes me smile. all of this is really helping me forget about the fact that Simon is dead and might be a vampire tomorrow.

Me and Leo talk for a bit before I catch sight of Magnus. "Leo, I've got to go, I'll talk to you another time." I say before hanging up. "Magnus." I shout as I shut my laptop and stand up. "hey, what are you doing here?" I ask the warlock in question as I wrap my arms around him in a hug. 

"Hey kitten, I'm here to help deal with the forsaken that attacked the Jade wolf." I nod. "How have you been?" He asks and I freeze. 

"A bit all over the place to be honest. we succeeded in retrieving that item but Simon was attacked by vampires and is currently dead, Alec's parents want him to get married despite being my mate and I've found another one of my mates, a wolf named Leo." Magnus holds me tighter when I am finished speaking. 

"Well then I am both happy for you and sorry for your loss. We will continue this conversation later kitten as unfortunately I have to find Alexander and report my findings." He says sadly. 

"You don't seem very saddened." I reply with a smirk. 

"To see Alexander, no. To leave you, very much so." Magnus says mournfully making me giggle. 

"Then I guess I will just have to come with you then." Magnus laughs but nods as we walk towards the training room where we find Alec training shirtless making me smile and blush as I stare at his runed chest. I am so invested in staring at my mates chest that I don't notice him and Magnus talking until he puts his shirt on. "Me too." I say when I hear Magnus saying he liked what he saw. 

"I have the prelimary autopsy findings." Magnus says. 

"why are you giving those to me?" Alec asks and I sigh. "these go to the head of the institute." 

"And it is?" Magnus replies. 

"I'm not the head of the institute, and I never will be." 

"Yes you will be, if not something even better." I say annoyed. 

"its like my whole life was a lie and everything I've ever known," Alec says and I become annoyed and walk away from the two and over to the bench and open my laptop and start writing again knowing that Magnus needs to be the one to help Alec out of his comfort zone. however my thoughts start going back to Simon and I quickly pull out my phone and message Raphael. 

can you tell me what Clary chooses to do with Simon, I need to know please Raph.

I put my phone away when I notice Alec leave and get up. I walk over to Magnus and hug him. "I think I'm making progress." He says with a smile and I pull away before placing my lips on his.

After awhile I pull away with a smile. "So so I." I say before I get a message and I pull out my phone. 

He has been buried, he just has to get himself out

Also, dealt with Camille- new head of this vampire clan. 

I nod to myself and put my phone away. "well, I have to be off now love." I nod and kiss him again before walking off as Hodge walks in. 

"hey Hodge." I say as I walk out and sit on the steps to the training room as I listen to Hodge train while I write. I hear something break and a monster like the one from the Jade wolf is attacking Hodge. I jump up and summon my double ended sword. I join Hodge in fighting it when Alec comes in and it attacks him instead. Just as it knocks Alec down I swing my sword and remove its head from its body. "Alec, oh my god are you hurt?" I ask panicked.