60

Day of atonement -2

picture from Pinterest 

--------------------------------

"Adelina I," Sebastian starts but I cut him off as I realize the time. 

"Sorry Seb, I've got to go, come on." I say with a smile as I hurry to the door, Sebastian following after me. "Stay safe." I say after I lock the door and turn to walk away. 

"You too, the seelie court is a dangerous place." I shoot a smile of thanks over my shoulder before taking off into the sky, my favorite way to travel. I soon arrive at the gateway to the Seelie realm and go right through. On the other side I find Acacius waiting for me with a smile. 

"Hello my flower. I have missed you." He says eloquently as my arms wrap around him, his following suit. 

"Hello Cas." I respond before placing my lips to his. A bright smile on both of our faces as we pull away. 

"Come, my sister waits for you." I nod and hold his hand as we begin the walk to the seelie court. Upon my arrival I am greeted to whispered chatter and laughter from the other Seelie's none of which seems to be malicious causing me to smile fondly back at them. 

When we arrive in the throne room Amara sits there waiting for us. When she see's us she comes over and gives me a hug and a small peck on the cheek. "thankyou for accepting my invitation. I am very happy to have you here. Acacius will show you to your room, unless you wish to share of course." 

"I would love to share a room with my mate." I say with a smile as I look at him over my shoulder. 

"Then it's a good thing my room is almost always clean." I smile up at him before Amara clears her throat causing us both to turn back to her. 

"We will be having a ball to welcome the beginning of your stay in a few hours. Please allow some of my servants to help you get ready." She says and I nod in thanks before taking Cas's hand once again as he leads us to his room. 

Cas's room is similar to the rest of the seelie realm in the sense that it is like stepping into a fairy-tale. It is mainly green and surrounded with all sorts of plant life. His bed is in the center of the room and is raised by two steps with a mesh curtain around it. There are also small fairy lights all throughout the room instead of one single light. "the bathroom is through there and connects to the walk in wardrobe. I have already prepared you a dress that I hope you will like." Cas says and I turn and smile at him before placing my lips on his. 

"It's beautiful Cas." 

"I am glad, I will see you in a few hours." He says before kissing me once again and stepping away allowing the female seelie servants to flow in and usher me into the bathroom. I spend the next few hours getting an ultimate spa treatment and they even re-do my nails for me, doing them a pink and white marble colour. 

When I get out they give me some simple make-up and curl my hair before braiding in flowers and fake butterflies. Once that is all done they finally show me the dress which is a high low ruffled pink and white marble style dress with short sleeved that looks absolutely adorable. I get into it admire how I look in the mirror before there is a knock at the door. 

I furrow my eyebrows as the servants whose names I leant earlier are May, Lilly and poppy, quickly usher me into whit stiletto's that make me question how I am going to walk. I grab my phone and message all of my mates before opening the door to find Acacius waiting for me. "Cas? why would you knock at the door to your own room?" I ask confused as the girls swiftly leave the room. 

"I did not wish to barge in if you were not ready." He responds and I nod. "Here." He says as he hands me a jewelry case. I gently take it and open it finding a beautiful pair of diamond leaf shaped ear cuffs with two dangling stands of diamonds on either pair. 

"These are beautiful Cas, thankyou." I say as I put them on before pulling Cas into my arms. I feel something being placed on my head and furrow my brows turning to face Cas. 

"A tiara for a princess." He says before taking my hand and leading me towards where the ball would be hosted. I surprisingly don't struggle to walk in the heels despite the uneven ground much to my relief. 

When we arrive at the ball it is in full swing and Cas immediately takes me into a dance causing me to blush. "I hope you enjoy tonight, I fear with all your shadowhunter business' that you never have time to relax or enjoy yourself. this night is for you, all the food is perfectly safe to eat and the problems back in the human realm are not to affect you here." 

"But those problems still exist no matter where I am. I am meant to protect the shadow-world and one of its greatest threats has escaped and I am here dancing instead of looking for him as everyone else is." 

"the shadow-world will not crumble in a matter of days if you are not there. enjoy yourself and relax, for me?" 

"Okay, lets forget about Valentine and the cup and all the other problems and leave them to be faced another day." 

"Exactly, expel them from your mind until the down-worlder meeting tomorrow." I smile and kiss Cas before twirling away and skipping over to the desserts table. Cas is right, what's the worst that can happen in a few days that the others can't handle, if they need me they can call me. I pause as I remember I have left my phone in Cas's room and then decide it doesn't as tonight is about me and my newest mate and I'm not going to let anyone or anything ruin that. 

---------------

Sorry it's been awhile, been busy with exams and all that. Hope you enjoyed. x