36

how are thou fallen -2

I get changed into an off the shoulder lace black top with thin straps and has gaps in the lace on the stomach, with light grey ripped jean shorts, I also put on some black fishnet tights with flower detailing up the outside with my usual black gloves and bag with black heeled low boots. 

I walk back out only to find Alec saying goodbye to Magnus without Jace. "Where is Jace?" I ask worriedly. 

"He's not coming." Alec says and I don't question it further as we head out and we quickly walk back to the institute. 

When we arrive we find Clary walking through the institute. "any idea what this is about?" She asks as we walk past all the people training. 

"I heard there's a big storm coming in, always increases demon activity." Alec explains just as we meet up with Izzy. "What did we miss?" He asks her. 

"lets see, the Citadel was breached, Magdalena is dead, Cleophas is missing." Izzy explains and I sigh. 

"Oh my god, Valentine?" Clary asks and I just nod its obvious. 

"Who else could it be." Izzy says before turning away from the screen. "Aldertree is heading to Idris to meet with the council." 

"I'll go check with ops." Alec says and I follow after him grabbing his hand as we walk. I don't pay attention to what happens after that and instead decide to trace the fox now resting on Alec's skin but am careful to make sure it doesn't move. Three of my mates now have one of my creatures. Simon the dragon, Jace the snake, and Alec the snake, now I've just got to figure out how to make them come alive from a distance. 

"We need to go downtown and begin b=demon hunting." Alec says to me as we leave and I nod as we walk through town and begin killing one demon after another. Mainly shacks demons and sometimes the odd other thing. It is all the way through the night when we finally come back to the institute and I immediately head to my room to rest but decide to message each of my mates- minus Alec- to check that they are all okay. 

I don't bother to change knowing I will need to get back up soon and instead just take off my shoes and lay down. I don't know how long I sleep for but I wake up to a scream and I sit up immediately and grab my head in pain. I try to take calming breaths and hear what they are saying and I quickly decipher it as "Help, blessed child, please help." I instantly realize this is an angel crying out for my help and try my best to respond. 

"Where?" I call back. 

"Follow your instincts." He says back and then the screaming ends. I don't think just act and I don't bother with my shoes or my bag as my wings spring free and I race to the institute. I debate using my wings to fly for half a second before realizing that using energy to fly would be quicker and easier. 

I don't even have to think about it before I am covered in energy keeping me invisible to peering eyes as I race through the skies without another thought. I end up coming upon a tall grey building and I let myself drop onto the roof bare foot the gravel digging into my skin but being too focused to realize as several circle members freeze at the sight of me and charge. 

I summon My dual sword in one hand and a short sword in the other as they all come at me. I make swift work of them and am so focused I don't notice Clary and Jace run in until Jace kills the last circle member. 

I don't bother to acknowledge them as my bloody feet take me straight to the angel wrapped in chains, chains I recognize as similar one to that which Valentine chained me. I let my blade go back into me as I summon a stele and draw a rune on the chains at his wrist with my wings wide. when he is released I hold out my hands and he places them in mine and I quickly pour energy from myself into him to heal any wounds as he speaks in my mind. "Thankyou blessed child, My name is Ithuriel." 

"Of course, I could not allow you to be held captive and away from heaven any longer." I respond in my own mind it now being much easier as I had absorbed energy from the Atamas. 

"Allow me to give you my blessing child?" He asks and I nod before he places on hand to my forehead and I feel even more power swell in me and instinctively know that there will now be a new mark on my right bicep and another on my right wrist. "One is my blessing, the other my gift as thanks for saving me." 

"I do not need a gift." I reply calmly. 

"But I have given you one, I will also tell you this, blessed child. the prophecy did not foretell of a shadowhunter who would unite the shadow-world but an angel born of mortal parents who was protected by other angels. We will wait for you in heaven sweet child." He says and I stay frozen as he pulls away and holds his hands out for Clary and Jace and slightly frowns when they do not come. "Please tell them to give me their hands sweet child." He asks of me and I nod and turn around to face them. 

"He wants your hands." I say softly. 

"You can understand him?" Jace asks in surprise. 

"Yes, since coming in contact with the Atamas I have heard the voices of the angels and have just been communicating with Ithuriel though our minds and believe I should be able to do so with other angels and maybe even mortals. now hands he should return to heaven." They don't question me further and instead pass him their hands. Ithuriel seems to show them something before letting go and we watch him shoot up through the sky and too heaven.