55

the fair folk -3 

We walk into another room with a table containing food and drinks and sit down on the pillows before the lowered table. I place myself in-between Amara and Simon as said queen talks to some other Seelie's. "I thought you said she was ancient? she hasn't even hit puberty." Clary says and I can tell she is going to get us in trouble. 

"She is ancient, she uses Seelie magic to manipulate her age." Jace explains. 

"genius she tries to seem all innocent and cute but really she's just-" Simon is cut off by the girl herself. 

"Hungry." She asks with a smile as she sits in-between me and Clary. 

"That really is kind of you but we really should discuss business." Jace points out. 

"Business is boring, that's why I sent a proxy to your downworlder cabinet meeting. I would like to know more about Valentine's children." She says and looks at each of us. "And the blood you share. The blood of the angel, please don't be shy, show me what it can do." She says as she looks between the two. 

"We are still learning how it works." 

"Are you?" She asks and I smile slightly. "Adelina?" She questions and my smile widens as I roll up my sleeve and put energy into my new drawing. "Incredible." The bird fly's from my arm loops around and lands on my head. "will you show me more?" She asks and I smile softly. 

"I'm afraid at a time of war such as now to use my energy on demonstrations could lead to me not having any when a battle occurs as I have already learnt. I hope you can forgive me Amara?" 

She nods and turns to Simon. "And you vampire are you still learning to walk in the sun?" 

"wow, word travels fast down here." Simon jokes. 

"It does, I hear whispers from the birds and the bees and the bugs. They are all in my service." 

"So was Kayleigh. were you surprised to find that one of your knights were killing Shadowhunter's?" Jace questions. 

"were you?" She retorts and I feel as though I am missing something. 

"I was Kayleigh didn't seem capable of such brutality." Jace responds. 

"Precisely why she made an effective killer. the sweeter the honey the deadlier the trap." She responds sweetly. 

"Did Kayleigh kill on her own or was she working with someone else?" Clary questions and I want to sigh at her obliviousness as Amara holds her hand out for a hand up. 

"Another knight helped but I took care of him." She says as she throws an apple into the air and catches it. 

"By take care of do you mean-?" Simon asks only to be cut off. 

"Dead, dead, dead." She says before attacking her apple. "I would like a moment alone with the daylighter." 

"Alone?" Simon questions. 

"With Simon?" I ask surprised. 

"My lady, perhaps you could discuss here, we'd prefer not be separated." Jace says but I know she won't agree. 

"Don't worry, I'll bring him back with all his limbs attached." 

"Okay." Simon stands up and smiles at me as they both walk away. 

Jace and Clary start talking but I close my eyes and listen to Simon and Amara's conversation and when they are done my eyes Snap open when I hear them walking back into this direction. 

I stand up and turn to face them when they enter the room and I grab his hand tightly in my own. "Is everything okay?" Clary asks. 

"Great, we need to go right now." Simon whispers but Jace grabs his arm to stop him from leaving. 

"Wait, your majesty, with your permission we should get going." Jace says diplomatically. 

"But you've only just arrived." She says as vines wrap themselves around the boys feet and they try to remove them. "It's futile to struggle. fitas veritas, enchanted vines that only obey me." The vines work their way up their bodies to their necks. 

"What are you doing, let me them go." Clary demands. 

"Why, they killed several of my kind." 

"What but we didn't kill anyone." 

"She can't lie." Jace whispers to Simon. "You majesty, you must be mistaken." 

"I told you, the birds, the bees, the bugs they're all in my service." 

"That nats at the kill tree." I say. 

"What that bug I killed?" Simon asks and my mind whirls as I try to come up with a way out of this. 

"but that can't seriously mean-" Clary says but she it cut off. 

"Their deaths deserve justice." 

"Your majesty, Amara, I ask for your forgiveness on behalf of my mates and ask if there is any other way to pay their debts that doesn't involve more loss of life." I ask as I bow lowly and allow my wings to spread behind me. 

"I would accept a conversation with my new friend." She says and I raise myself to look at her and nod my head. "Follow." she says and I do as told. "I wish truly for us to be friends so I will set both your men free in return for said friendship." 

"Why?" I ask. "Why do you wish to be my friend so badly?" 

"To be friends with the only daughter of god has many advantages." She says as she holds her hand out to the side and a seelie places a book in her hand. "For you." She says as she holds it out to me. 

"what is it" I say as I take it from her hands. 

"It will allow us to communicate with me and I you simply through writing." 

"Like a phone?" I ask. 

"I do not use that mundane technology." She says politely with a blank look on her face. "I will also inform you that my birds and bees and bugs have told me that your brother is currently in New York." 

"What?" I ask in shock. 

"I believe that is useful to you?" She says with a smirk before she walks away and I follow her. When we arrive at at Clary and the guys she smiles at them. "One last thing before you go." She says and snaps her fingers and a seelie knight comes out. He has red and grass green eyes and I instantly realize he is my mate. "This is Acacius, My younger brother."