~Back in Reality~

"Ms.Chang?" An agent asked Valerie once she opened her apartment. It was another agent from the agency, coming to ask her questions.

Valerie had been living in the living section of their base ever since she come out, helping out whenever she can. Not that she can help out much, her skills just doesn't match.

"Questions?" She asked the man in suits and very cool sunglasses. He nodded and led her out.

In the hallway, she saw her friend, Gabbie, standing there, waiting.

"Ms. Chang, Ms. Zorro, we will now be going to collect Ms. Nadiya," the agent told them. "We have some more questions about the mist."

"All agents, please head to the Rift immediately. I repeat, all agents, head to the rift immediately." A voice rang all over the base.

"I am sorry, I must be going now. You 2 know where Ms. Nadiya is, please get her. The 3 of you can discuss the mist while waiting for us," the agent said as he hurried away, "goddam understaffed of this place."

Gabbie and Valerie went to Nadiya's room. They decided not to arrest her for multiple reasons. Nadiya was not in control of her own action, as it was the mist influence.

But the agency also does not want people to start questioning about the assumed dead artist to suddenly be in jail. The agency is a secret, no one can know how it happened.

"What do you think happened?" Valerie asked Gabbie as they went across the hallway.

"I heard them saying something about an agent being taken. Agent Mars?" Gabbie replied.

"Wow... Did they go in by choice or did the mist really just take them?"

"Well I think that Mars got taken, but another one, Agent Dewan was her name? She went in by choice to help them out. Not a good choice if you ask me." Gabbie said.

"You ever think of what happens next? After the agency releases everyone, the mist thing becomes public. We can't stay here anymore," Valerie questioned her. It was something in her mind for quite a while.

"Well me? I don't know. If my mom is still alive. If the world still worked like it had. At least for you, you got a successful career," Gabbie smiled weakly at her.

Valerie chuckled at that. "Me? Successful? The world thinks that Valerie Chang is dead. If I make a comeback, who knows what will happen? Nowadays music won't fit me. And my old fans are probably old or dead, while I'm still young. At least I'm aging now..."

They arrived in front of the door where the virtuoso was. Gabbie stepped forward and knocked. It didn't take long for Nadiya to come out and greeted them.

"Hello there, you need anything?" She said. Nadiya looked tired, with eyebags under her eyes. There was splatter of paints on her clothing, maybe she haven't been resting much.

"They want to question us again, but are all at the rift," Gabbie explained, "We're just waiting for them."

The women nodded and stepped out, joining them at a waiting area. They all sat on couches in silence for a few minutes.

"Are you happy about being out of the mist?" Nadiya asked suddenly. The other 2 looked snapped their necks to turn to her. "I mean...We're free from murder games, but are we really free though? I had never felt more myself in the realm-no not from killing- because I can express myself there, like there's no tomorrow. I didn't care what anyone think. And now...I can't even share my arts to the world."

"Is that what you want? The world to see your arts?" Valerie asked.

"I want to be noticed, go down in history as a great artist. But instead, I'm known as the famous artist who died mysteriously," Nadiya replied. She sighed.

Valerie nodded as if she understood. "You know, I always want to be the most famous popstar. In the mist, I'm free to sing anytime and no one judges me. No one hates me for what I did in the past. I show that here in the real world, if I was still a popular singer, my reputation would go down."

"It's true...I guess I feel more accepted in the mist. I remembered how people call me 'freak' for my visions before that," Gabbie told them. 

Part of them missed being the mist. As much as they hated it there, in a way, the mist had welcome them for who they are. It seem strange but that might just be it.

The agent previously walked back, looking tired. "God that dam hacker was taken. At least he won't be hacking us now." He turned to the 3 survivors of the mist.

"Good you're all here. I don't think we asked you this yet but we must know and take precautions. What were you doing when the mist took you?"

==========

a/n

YAY. fortunately, short stories are simple and fun, so it won't take a long time for me to write them. we'll go back in the mist next chapter, but hope you enjoy a little reality

~selenur