Launched Into the Mist

Makoto Shikuka needed to settle down with a job. She left her home because the lifestyle wasn't suited for her there, but at what cost? She quit her job as a waitress and got kicked out of the hotel she was staying in. She tried to apply for every job possible, but it wasn't easy. Still she is running low on money.

One day, she got accepted for an interview to work at a movie theatre. She went on a subway ride, the car was eerily empty. And when it reached her next stop, the doors didn't open up. She tried to pry it open but then the compartment began to fill up with mist. It soon consumed her, taking her opportunity away.

==========

Ryder Parikh wanted to be a lawyer, but guess what? Life doesn't work that way. So after his father got murdered, he wanted to solve the mystery of who did it. He put on his detective trench coat and a magnifying glass, and started to look for clues.

He actually solved it. Ryder found the man who killed his father and then a thought came to him... revenge. Before he even processed it, he had murder the man, only to find out that he had a son. His story repeated itself. The boy was watching Ryder's illegal act the whole time and he was filled with rage. Without thinking, the boy stabbed Ryder and he died. Not really, but on the ground, he can feel the mist coming around him. That's basically like death.

==========

Tara Sokolova had lost her parents due to an accident when they were travelling through planets. So it really isn't surprising that when she hopped on a train to move to a planet called Earth, something unexpected would happen too.

But she never would've expected to be taken by a gooey creature that somehow snuck on board. She didn't mean to kill the rest of the passengers, but she did. And when she finished, thick mist seeped in and took her away.

==========

"Oh look, a new map," Wren said when he looked at the announcement board. "Dawnwood Pines."

"That sounds like a snowboarding place!" Kiara notes, "skiing?"

"Maybe the next set of survivors and killers follow the theme of skiing, although that is a horrible theme," Wren suggested. A few sets of victims that came at the same time followed some sort of theme.

Dakari and Finley were both out in the sea kind of theme.

Crosby and Rayner were both mediaeval themed.

Elizabeth, Yvonne and Lawrence were prison themed.

"That sounds lame," Kiara said, "skiing is the least fun activity." She looked at the name of the killer. "The Voidskull... that doesn't sound like a skiing theme. I was expecting 'The Ice Queen' or 'The Sasquatch'."

Alexis was standing in the room and gave them a disapproving face. She's the ice queen here. What is Kiara talking about?

==========

In addition to Makoto and Ryder, there are 6 other survivors. They got Amari, Yronica, Becca, Emery, Nami, and Crosby too. They dropped at random places in Dawnwood Pines, the worst map next to Haverhill.

Makoto was inside the warm skiing lodge, with no one there with her. "I don't think this is where the train was supposed to get me..." She said to herself, then she checked her watch. "Oh shoot! I'm probably late for the interview!"

She hurriedly got out of the lodge. Outside, it was a bit chilly and she could see her own breath. It was a skiing place with a huge slope down in front of her. Her pocket kept on buzzing for some reason but her hands were too numb to take them out. Shivering, she walked back in.