The Final Girl

Becca Prescott was doing a babysitting job when it all went downhill. It was supposed to be a good night, the kids were all asleep, so she got the house to herself.

But then her boyfriend comes and jokingly scares her, then one thing leads to another. Next thing she knew, someone was in the house, her boyfriend and the 2 kids were dead and she was all alone.

Calling 911 was cut short by the murderer, so she had to defend herself. She got a knife and stabbed the intruder's skull. She fell backward as they died, knocking her head on the floor. Maybe she's dying tonight too. She closed her eyes, and didn't realize that the mist had seeped into the room.

==========

Just like it had for Seth and Seanna, Valerie was erased from everyone's mind. It even changed history. Taylor didn't go to a Valerie concert, they went to a Chaoxing concert. Valerie was no longer Yara's favorite singer, it was Chaoxing. It always has been.

They welcomed Chaoxing in, not remembering their old pop star. And Chaoxing herself doesn't remember the small interaction she had with Valerie. That never happened. She just woke up on that stage.

After a few matches, some of the survivors get the sense of familiarity about Chaoxing but they have no idea about what.

==========

Gabbie began to get more visions. They had stopped since she got in the mist because her visions are always about the mist, but this time, it's different. It seems to be about herself. She saw someone taking her place while she wither away into mist.

Surely the mist wouldn't take her away. It kill people and torture their minds but letting them die so they can rest in peace and move on? That's too simple. It must break mentally first, and even then that's not enough. Besides, if the mist had ever replaced anyone, surely they must remember it?

Gabbie's visions became overwhelming and it happens more often. Ignoring them isn't going to work. She went to Seoung for help.

"Hey Seoung," She called, and walked over to Seoung's bunk. She was reading a book (yes the mist do give them books but they mostly have sad endings). She closed her book and looked at Gabbie.

"Yeah?"

"When you talk to ghosts, do you ever get like..visions?" She asked shyly.

"Nah, they just talk to me, in front of me," Seoung shrugged, "Why?"

Gabbie sighed, "I've been getting some visions. They stopped when I got here but now it happened again."

"Hmm... What do you see in them?"

"Uuh myself...being replaced..."

"By who?" Gabbie thought about that. It wasn't clear. Just figures, but she could tell that it was another girl her age.

"Not sure," She said, rubbing her arms, "But it looks like some girl..?"

==========

Becca opened her eyes and found herself very much alive. She looked around, she was in an empty room with just a board on it. It labeled 8 names on it, and she found her own name at the bottom. Becca Prescott.

She looked around, no one was there. So she went through the door, leading outside. There were some people walking past, but no one noticed her. What is this place?

She looked up, the sky was gloomy, yet at the surface at the ground, it was bright like a sunny day. It feels chilly and it's quite misty. Becca walked around the lobby, confused.

She saw in the distance 2 girls walking out of a cabin. One of them turned and looked at her and gasped. Becca came closer and heard her saying "That's her, that's the girl in my vision."

==========

Gabbie and Seoung just walked outside for some fresh air when they saw Becca. Gabbie could tell that it was the person in her vision right away. She felt weak, dropping to her knee.

Don't worry, you're too boring for entertainment. I'll have mercy on you . The mist's voice spoke in her mind. So seriously it is just letting her go? That sounds too simple and easy.

"Gabbie! Are you alright?" Seoung tried to help her up as the mist thickens around them.

"What's going on?" Becca asked, concerned. The mist soon became so thick that they couldn't see anything.

It quickly cleared away with Gabbie gone and everyone's memories reset.

But what did the mist mean by 'I'll have mercy on you'? It can't be that it was just letting her go.