|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

SEASON THREE - EPISODE SEVENTEEN
"BEHIND THE BLACK HORIZON"

...Mystic Falls - Somewhere In The Woods...

It is daytime now, and Lucien is leading Freya, whose wrists are still bound but who is no longer gagged, through the woods of Mystic Falls. Freya is clearly not impressed with this situation and simply glares at him while they walk, and Vincent follows from a couple paces behind them.

"After all that flirtation...this is your idea of a first date?" Freya snaps, even tired.

Lucien laughs in amusement.

"Think of it as a date with destiny, love. Though, I admit, three is a crowd. Vincent is a necessary evil, I'm afraid...here to keep you in check should you misbehave" Lucien says.

"Yeah, you're leaving out the part where I ain't exactly here of my own volition, man. The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds!" Vincent says angrily.

"Quite the opposite! I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent..." Lucien starts, the smile never leaving his lips.

Lucien gestures to Vincent for emphasis as Freya rolls her eyes annoyed.

"...and, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Originals"

Lucien sighs dramatically, and Vincent's eyes widen in alarm when he realizes the gravity of their current situation.

"Didn't take much convincing. They do despise your family" Lucien says.

They walk a few more yards until Lucien finally stops just feet away from a familiar-looking basin sitting upon a rock, right by where Esther both created the Originals and made Alaric an Enhanced Original.

"Ah...we're here" Lucien smiles pleased.

Vincent's tone is irritable as he looks around the clearing where they've stopped.

"Yeah, but where the hell is 'here' man?" Vincent asks.

Lucien gasps in shock and disappointment.

"What...?" he fakes gasps.

Lucien sighs and gives them both offended looks.

"How disappointing! Two powerful witches who cannot sense when you're treading on hallowed ground?" Lucien asks.

Vincent and Freya make eye contact and both sigh defeatedly when they realize what Lucien's talking about. Continuing his dramatic explanation, Lucien gestures around them with a satisfied smile.

"Welcome...to Mystic Falls. The place where it all began" Lucien gestures around.

 The place where it all began" Lucien gestures around