|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE NINETEEN
"AN UNBLINKING DEATH"

...The Bayou...

Rosalind, Hayley and Eve are in their shack, where Eve is helping Rosalind prepare for giving birth.

"That's it. Inhale and release" Eve says.

"I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?" Rosalind asks while Hayley holds her hand.

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying" Eve says softly.

"Okay. Then what, Eve? I've lost every single mother example that I have ever had. It's been a while since I knew what is like to have a mom, let alone be one" Rosalind says.

"Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do" Eve tries to tranquilize her.

"I hope so. As fun as it is to image Nik changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing this alone" Rosalind says and frowns.

"I somehow doubt that" Hayley says and helps her sister to stand up.

Elijah arrives at the doorway.

"Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising" he requests.

Later, Elijah meets with Jackson and Oliver, along with Eve, Rosalind as Hayley.

"You're making a grave mistake" Elijah says.

"So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?" Oliver asks.

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse..." Jackson was cut off.

"...Our gift..." Oliver says.

"...Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to" Jackson finishes.

"I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation" Elijah says.

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way" Oliver says.

"You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so" Elijah says to Rosalind.

"We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life" Rosalind says.

"Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that" he says.

They hear the sound of a motorbike approaching, and cut their argument short to go see who it is.

"What the hell?!" Jackson asks suspiciously.

Outside, a man on a motorbike rides into the encampment and stops as the group approach him.

"Which one of you is in charge?" The man asks.

"Who's asking?" Jackson asks.

Elijah notices something off about the man, and reflexively tackles him, just as the motorbike explodes. Everyone is thrown backwards in the blast.

"AHH!" screams were hears everywhere.

Elijah picks himself up off the ground. His clothes and skin are all singed and covered in ash. It takes a moment for Elijah's ears to heal enough to hear anything. He sees injured people all around him stumbling around, including Jackson, Oliver, Rosalind and Hayley.

"Rosie, are you okay?" Oliver asks worried.

Rosalind gets up quickly and runs over to where everyone else is. She sees a little boy standing next to a severely injured man, and immediately runs over to help.